Smarties North America - FAQs
North America - FAQs
Download the Entry Submission Guide, an overview of this year’s SMARTIES.
For general questions, contact [email protected].
For press inquiries, contact [email protected].
- Q. How do I submit an entry?
All submissions MUST be submitted via the SMARTIES online portal. We will not accept submissions in any other format. You can download a PDF version of the entry form here.
You can enter a single campaign in multiple categories. There is a discounted fee if you do so. You also receive a discount if you enter the same campaign in SMARTIES North America and SMARTIES X Global. Please note that fees are per submission.
There is no limit to the number of submissions an organization can submit. You can submit a single campaign in multiple categories or submit several campaigns in a sing category. However, entrants are encouraged to customize the submission based on the category for they enter.
- Q. What is the eligibility period to submit a campaign?
If entering the Smarties North America Program, campaigns submitted should be active in the marketplace June 2021 – June 2022.
- Q. What is the deadline to submit a campaign for The SMARTIES?The Deadline to submit entries for Smarties North America is July 19, 2022.
- Q. What are the entry categories this year?A full list of categories for Smarties North America is available here.
- Q. How much does it cost to enter?The cost to enter varies. See the Eligibility & Fees page. We also offer discounts for entering the same campaigns in more than one category, and discounts for New Entrants (if your company has not submitted work in 2019, 2020, or 2021 SMARTIES X Global or SMARTIES North America competitions as the lead/entering company).
- Q. How do I become a judge or pre-screener?You may submit your interest in pre-screening or judging by sending an email to [email protected]. Please include a brief biography. Our judges represent the leaders in the modern marketing industry and come from a wide array of companies and geographies. Click here to view past Jury Panels. The final jury is by invite only.
- Q. When will the shortlist be announced?The shortlist will be announced publicly once judging is complete and the results are tallied. For Smarties North America, the shortlist will be announced mid-September 2022.
- Q. When will winners be announced?
Smarties North America winners will be recognized for excellence during the SMARTIES Unplugged Event on November 3, 2022. The SMARTIES Jury, for each program, will make the final selection of winners. If there are no suitable nominees, judges may decline to appoint a winner, for any category or geography, in any given year.
- Q. Where do I find information about past winners or finalists?
Information on past winners and finalists can be viewed here.
- Q. Will my submission be made public?Yes. The MMA reserves the right to use any/all content included with the submission for the purposes of research, education, and publicity purposes. Submitters should assume that MMA will use any/all content included in the winning submissions accordingly. All creative materials, case summaries, and statements of effectiveness may be used in MMA conference/event sessions, at MMA public or private presentations, SMARTIES Case Studies Hub, SMARTIES Business Impact Index, ANA Knowledge Center, and WARC Knowledge Center. If you wish to review content prior to publication, please so by sending an email to [email protected].
- Q. What do winners receive?Winners will receive a SMARTIES trophy recognizing their achievement. Attendees at our awards ceremonies will receive their trophy on site. All other will be mailed to the submitter contact name and address. Only one SMARTIES trophy will be given to each winner. Duplicate awards are available for purchase. The link for order additional trophies will be given to all award winners.