This Privacy Notice Contains
- Our Commitment To Privacy
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use and Share Information
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
- How To Access Or Correct Your Information
- Your Privacy Rights
- Third Parties
- Analytics Tools
- How To Contact Us
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all personal information collected or submitted on the MMA's website, as well as information we collect at our live events. On some pages, you can make information requests and register for events. The types of personal information collected at these pages and events may include:
- Name, title and company information
- E-mail address
- Phone and/or fax number
- Other business or contact information
- Credit/debit card information
We may collect these types of information when you provide it directly to us or when we receive it from third parties, including our partners, service providers, sponsors, and vendors (e.g., virtual event hosts), who may collect such information on our behalf.
We may use automated technology, such as "cookies'' and other tracking software, to track and facilitate navigation and to customize MMA content and collect site traffic data for analytical purposes. This data may contain your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, browsing information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and/or other information supplied to our website from your local computer or device.
We may combine information from different sources. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online, or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
How We Use and Share Information
- We use the personal information you provide – when you register for access to member-only information, or when registering for an MMA event, or for access to our white papers, reports and webinars – to complete the registration and to fulfill your information request.
- When you register for an MMA webinar you may be asked to agree to share your personal information, including your name and contact information (e.g., email address), and any questions you submit during the webinar, with the sponsor or event host, if there is one. If you attend one of our sponsored dinners, the sponsor may have your email address and other contact information to follow-up with you about relevant content and events.
- If you ask to be added to our mailing list, your contact information may be used to inform you about relevant content or upcoming MMA events.
- We may use the information collected through the “cookies” and other tracking software to provide analytical data for website traffic and management.
- We may share your personal information with our partners, service providers, sponsors, and vendors for them to contact you (e.g., to respond to inquiries or about products, services, or events that may be of interest to you), or for us to conduct our business.
- If obligated or permitted to do so by law, we may share your personal information with third parties, such as governmental authorities.
We reserve the right to use and share non-personally identifiable information collected for any lawful purpose.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Credit card information is securely stored digitally on the MMA accounting service (Balance Financial) server and deleted when no further charges are scheduled or due.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
The MMA complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
How to Access or Correct Your Information
The MMA is committed to providing reasonable and practical access to allow visitors to identify inaccuracies in their personal information and may also request to have information removed. Visitors may submit inquires about the accuracy of personally identifiable information they have previously submitted and requests to have it removed through the MMA Website or via email at [email protected]. When practical, the MMA will, upon request, modify or delete personally identifying information.
Your Privacy Rights
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have certain rights regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. If you have any questions regarding these rights, please contact us at [email protected] with “Privacy” in the subject matter line. Please note that we may request additional information to respond to or fulfill any requests regarding your rights under applicable laws or regulations.
This document addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you at http://www.mmaglobal.com and at MMA events. If you disclose your information to others, for instance when you attend an MMA event and share your contact details directly with vendors, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you provide to them. Since MMA does not control and is not responsible for the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy policies of those other parties. We encourage you to view posted privacy policies or ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
MMA uses Google Analytics to perform web analytics on our website. Along with the data collected by standard Google Analytics implementation, MMA also implemented the User ID feature in Google Analytics in January 2015 in order to collect data about our traffic for the sole purpose of gaining a better understanding of the requirements of our website visitors. The User ID lets us associate engagement data from multiple devices and different sessions with unique IDs. All data collected by Google Analytics remains anonymous and non-personally identifiable.
To opt out of Google Analytics, please click here.
How to Contact Us
We can be reached via e-mail at [email protected] with “Privacy” in the subject matter line or you can call +1 646 257 4515 to leave a message and someone will follow-up with you.