This Privacy Notice Contains
- Our Commitment To Privacy
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
- How To Access Or Correct Your Information
- Third Parties
- How To Contact Us
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the MMA's website, as well as information we collect at our live events. On some pages, you can make information requests and register for events. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Name, title and company information
- E-mail address
- Phone and/or fax number
- Credit/debit card information
This website makes use of "cookies'' to track and facilitate navigation and to customize MMA content and it collects site traffic data for analytical purposes. This data may contain your IP address and/or other information supplied to our website from your local computer.
How We Use Information
- We use the information you provide about yourself – when you register for access to member-only information, or when registering for an MMA event, or for access to our white papers, reports and webinars – to complete the registration and to fulfill your information request.
- When you register for an MMA webinar you may be asked to agree to share your email address, and any questions you submit during the webinar, with the sponsor, if there is one. If you attend one of our sponsored dinners, the sponsor will have your email address to follow-up with you about relevant content and events.
- If you ask to be added to our mailing list, your contact information may be used to inform you about relevant content or upcoming MMA events. We do not share this information with outside parties.
- We use the information collected through the “cookies” to provide analytical data for website traffic and management.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Credit card information is securely stored digitally on the MMA accounting service (Balance Financial) server and deleted when no further charges are scheduled or due.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
The MMA complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
How to Access or Correct Your Information
The MMA is committed to providing reasonable and practical access to allow visitors to identify inaccuracies in their personal information and may also request to have information removed. Visitors may submit inquires about the accuracy of personally identifiable information they have previously submitted and requests to have it removed through the MMA Website or via email at [email protected]. When practical, the MMA will, upon request, modify or delete personally identifying information.
This document addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you at http://www.mmaglobal.com and at MMA events. If you disclose your information to others, for instance when you attend an MMA event and share your contact details directly with vendors, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you provide to them. Since MMA does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy policies of those other parties. We encourage you to view posted privacy policies or ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others
MMA uses Google Analytics to perform web analytics on our website. Along with the data collected by standard Google Analytics implementation, MMA also implemented the User ID feature in Google Analytics in January 2015 in order to collect data about our traffic for the sole purpose of gaining a better understanding of the requirements of our website visitors. The User ID lets us associate engagement data from multiple devices and different sessions with unique IDs. All data collected by Google Analytics remains anonymous and non-personally identifiable.
To opt out of Google Analytics, please click here.
How to Contact Us
We can be reached via e-mail at [email protected] with “Privacy” in the subject matter line or you can call +1 646 257 4515 to leave a message and someone will follow-up with you.