Marketer Benchmark Study on Growth 2022
As part of the MMA’s Great Marketing Growth Debate, this research was launched to understand marketers’ application of the leading marketing growth frameworks presented as part of the series. Through this study, we aimed to explore two important questions:
- What is the level of marketing alignment when it comes to driving growth?
- How do companies approach marketing growth?
Key Findings Include:
What is the level of marketing alignment when it comes to driving growth?
- Most marketers (65%) claim to have clear alignment when it comes to their growth strategy. Yet, this alignment is much stronger among the senior team (83%) compared to middle management and other levels (50%).
- Marketers are typically familiar with one or two leading marketing growth frameworks, but increased familiarity with alternatives is a step towards better alignment in terms of growth strategy.
- Although marketers claim alignment, only one out of four companies achieved consistent growth over the last 5 years.