The MMA’s groundbreaking series of SMoX case studies, which examine mobile’s role in a multi-touch attribution world, are providing brand marketers with empirical evidence about how mobile can provide maximum impact for the very first time. These studies answer three critical questions:
- Can mobile help brands meet their marketing goals across the purchase funnel?
- What is the optimal mobile allocation for my campaign?
- How can I make my mobile investment work harder?
Our most recent SMoX studies are available for download now:
How Brands Can Make Smarter Decisions in Mobile Marketing
Strategies for Improved Media-Mix Effectiveness and Questions for Future Research
Published in the Journal of Advertising Research
With mobile usage now accounting for at least half of the traffic and one-third of the revenue of e-commerce, marketers face challenges as to how to optimally allocate marketing spend, and how to maximize and measure mobile’s effectiveness. An article recently published in the ARF’s Journal of Advertising Research highlights results from 11 case studies the MMA conducted for top brands, including Allstate, Unilever, AT&T and the Coca-Cola Company. Download this article now to gain insight into some of the results:
- How should we plan and execute for mobile in the context of an integrated campaign?
- Should we use mobile for branding, direct response, or both?
- Are there mobile tactics that are more suitable for the upper funnel versus the lower funnel?
- Which specific key performance indicators (KPIs) should we measure and optimize against, and how?
Unilever (October 2016)
This study, for Magnum ice cream, accentuates how certain combinations of formats, channels and targeting methods can further improve results. It shows:
- The ability of mobile to deliver on context in an unrivaled fashion.
- The power of producing creative exclusively for mobile.
- The benefits of using dynamic targeting in mobile.
- The reasons why it’s important to focus on sales impact in mobile as opposed to CPM.
These studies are just two of the many initiatives spearheaded by the MMA that give the marketing community vital learnings about mobile. The Allstate and Unilever research joins SMoX case studies already performed on behalf of AT&T, Coca-Cola, Mastercard and Walmart that together form the most complete body of research on mobile attribution that exists today.
To have SMoX research presented to your team, or to become a SMoX participant, partner or supporter, please contact:
MMA SVP/Head of Industry Research
M: + 1 917 856 5905
Applied Marketing Analytics:
The Journal of Brand Strategy: