Google: Customers lead McDonald’s to mobile success
August 28, 2013
• Be where our customers are – on mobile – and make it easier for them to find our restaurants.
• Push mobile sales through location-based services.
• Launched a mobile optimised website.
• Launched an application for Android and iPhone.
• Offer customers custom-made, mobile campaigns.
• In 2011, 1.2 million users visited McDonald’s mobile website.
• The application has been downloaded by 240,000 users since its launch.
“The application offers geo positioning to make it easier for the guests to find the nearest restaurant, and it filters the restaurants depending on the guest’s preferences and wishes.”
— Kajsa Dahlberg, Digital Marketing Manager, McDonald’s Sweden