Location Based Marketing (LBM) is awash with buzzwords and jargon. You might come across terms such as: local, hyperlocal, geo-fence, geo-targeting, location-based search, location-based services, SoLoMo (social, local & mobile), location-based solutions, deals around me, and many more. This may seem dizzying, but each of these terms has the same underlying concept and the same end-goal: connecting consumers with businesses within a specific geographic area.
Mediative has conducted extensive research about LBM, and we share it with you for your reference in the attached whitepaper.
· Location Based Marketing is about more than just search – it’s about discovery.
· In Canada, the search platform that a consumer chooses is highly correlated to where they live.
· Advertisers who reward their local search customers for finding them get rewarded in return.
· Over 90% of online Canadians are reached by sites with ads by Yellow Media advertisers.
· Most “local” searches aren’t by consumers, just folks looking stuff up for entertainment purposes or out of old-fashioned curiosity.