MMA International Journal of Mobile Marketing – Canada Edition 2013
The MMA and CMA invite academics, industry professionals and students to submit articles/papers to be considered for publication in the Mobile Marketing Association’s award-winning International Journal of Mobile Marketing (IJMM)– Canada Edition.
The MMA-IJMM represents the thinking of leading industry and academic thought-leaders. Submissions may be research based, an evaluation of current or future mobile marketing and advertising practices, theory, or a detailed case study. Perspective or commentary pieces are encouraged.
The premier IJMM Canada Edition was published in summer 2012. Articles for 2013 will represent a mix of industry and academic submissions.
Submissions will be peer reviewed by academic and industry professionals in Canada, along with members of MMA’s Academic Outreach Committee
|Publication Date||Article Submission Deadline|
|Summer 2013||April 15, 2013|
The use of the mobile channel for commerce, marketing and social integration is a growing worldwide phenomenon. In Canada, there are more than 25 million wireless subscriptions, of which nearly half are smartphones, according to Canadian Marketing Association’s report, Marketing’s Influence in Canada: In an evolving digital economy. Mobile ad spending is expected to rise rapidly in the coming years, averaging annual increases of 27.9% between 2012 and 2016. Leading industry brands are committing anywhere from 10 to 25 percent of their near-term marketing budgets to interactive digital media--including mobile. However, with all this attention there is still much to learn about mobile marketing. There remains a gap in our understanding of what drives consumer adoption and acceptance of mobile marketing. In order to help guide and influence academic studies and commercial use of mobile marketing, contributed papers should provide insight into the practical application or theoretical basis of mobile marketing strategies and/or tactics.
- First published in 2006, the IJMM has a growing audience in Canada, with more than 2300 article downloads by Canadian institutions and researchers as of Q3 2012.
Sample CATEGORIES AND Topics to Consider
CAMPAIGN BEST PRACTICES/RESULTS/METHODS
- By marketing objective
- By technology
- By audience
- By results
Closing the loop along the path to purchase
- Define mobile path-to-purchase
- Path-to-purchase milestones, i.e., deconstructing the funnel
- mCommerce the Transaction vs. mCommerce the Process/Flow/Path-to-Purchase
- Role of different players
- Flow of money and profit
- Investment landscape
- Audience segmentation and analysis
- Campaign metrics and ROI evaluation
NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGIES
- Location based services
- Wearable computing (pants, Google Goggles)
- Vender relationship management vs. CRM
- Big data/little data - consumer preference management
- Location based services
Small to medium-sized business (SMB)
Enterprise B2B Mobile Marketing and Advertising
- Rich Media buying selling and creative development
- Using targeting (data/measurement) to create relevance, and context
- Media buying and selling best practices
- Analysis and comparison of the various delivery methods: SMS, MMS, mobile Internet, IR, IM, Bluetooth, mobile email, mobile portals, mobile TV
- Social media and mobile
- Use of the mobile channel for philanthropy or political uses
- Analysis of future trends and the impact of global, environmental, cultural, and/or political activities on mobile marketing.
The Submission Process
- Considerations: All relevant papers that further the understanding of mobile marketing will be considered for publication. Only complete submissions will be considered. Each submission will undergo blind peer reviews.
- Originality: Must be original, not under review by any other journal, used as a corporate white paper, or published as submitted in any public or private forum or publication.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Papers submitted that do not meet the above criteria will not be accepted.
with questions and/or to inform the CMA/MMA of their intention to contribute an article by the submission deadline.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting an article or other written work to the MMA you represent and warrant that: (1) the work you submit is original and that you are the sole creator of the work and have full power and authority to all ownership in the work; (2) the work you submit has not been previously published anywhere in whole, or in part; (3) the work does not, and if published will not, infringe upon any copyright, trademark or other right of any third party; and (4) the work is true and contains no matter that is defamatory. You agree to cooperate with the MMA/IJMM in its defence of any action related to the work you submit. In addition, you agree to indemnify and hold the CMA/MMA harmless from any and all claims, losses and expenses that are a result of your breach of the foregoing representations.
By submitting any work to the MMA you grant to the MMA an exclusive right to license and publish any and all work submitted in all forms of media now known, or hereafter devised, including but not limited to all print, computer, on-line, audio, video, Internet and other electronic media or publications in both the original and all foreign languages. You understand and agree that the MMA shall have the full right and authority to edit, market, and distribute any work submitted in its sole and absolute discretion.