MMA/Luth May 2010 U.S. Mobile Consumer Briefing: Mobile Commerce
What kinds of transactions are consumers making with their mobile phones, and how are they making them? Do they feel it’s easy and safe? What kinds of transactions are consumers most interested in using their mobile phone for?
These questions were addressed in the recent SavvyQuest™ omnibus survey sponsored by MMA that was conducted from April 19 to April 23, 2010. Respondents who owned a cell phone participated in the study and were asked the following questions regarding their cell phone and usage of certain mobile phone features:
- Manufacturer of current cell phone
- Current cellular service provider
- Types of transactions made by mobile phone in the past month
- Accounts used to pay for these transactions
- How these transactions were made (mobile web, application, etc.)
- Satisfaction with mobile commerce experience
- Interest in certain mobile phone transactions within the next twelve months
The report contains both an executive summary and a separate set of full data tables, both downloadable from the links below.