Weather is Beautiful in New AccuWeather App for iPad
July 10, 2012
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. May 07, 2012 – AccuWeather’s new, art-inspired iPad app is a beautiful display of weather graphics and information. It has a creative, vintage design and even more features, such as a hurricane center, choices for how the detailed and local 15-day forecasts are displayed, and full support of the Retina display on the new iPad.
“The evolution of our iPad app came from the feedback our users gave us. The end result is a stunning, artistic app that is heavy on user choice. We love that they can choose between the water color painting background or the classic, black backdrop. They can also choose to see their forecasts in a list or a graph view,” said Pascal Racheneur, AccuWeather Vice President of Interactive Media.
New features include:
- Complete iCloud synchronization of locations and settings between multiple iOS devices and the AccuWeather App for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Simplified interface providing an easy comparison of more weather information.
- Faster navigation and improved support for landscape and portrait orientations.
- Advanced hurricane center that lets you track the latest storms.
- Social media sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
- Customizable design themes with the water color painting and classic black backgrounds.
- Full support for the Retina display on the new iPad.
Continued core functionality includes:
- Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts have detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night forecasts and information for the next 15 days.
- For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms in the next three days, an orange exclamation point is displayed on the location’s 15-day forecast screen.
- Exclusive lifestyle forecasts that show how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
- Current weather conditions constantly updated with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather’s exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature, depending on these conditions.
- Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
- Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Multiple location storage.
- Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
The AccuWeather App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About AccuWeather and AccuWeather.com
Every day nearly half a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides the most accurate and detailed hourly forecasts for every location where people live and work worldwide (more than 2.7 million locations), with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, and smart TVs and appliances, as well as on radio and television and in newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers – recognized as one of the top 528 entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs – AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 50,000 third-party websites, including The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and The New York Times.