Mobile Marketing Forum Europe Attracts World’s Top Brands
August 25, 2009
Coca-Cola, BMW, Pepsi, Nestlé and Nike share mobile marketing strategy at industry’s premier event
New York; London; Sao Paulo and Singapore - August 25, 2009 – The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) today announced that it has confirmed 12 of the world’s biggest brands to speak at its annual European event, the Mobile Marketing Forum (MMF) Europe, making it the must attend marketing event of the year. With brand speakers including Auto Trader, BBC Worldwide, BMW, Coca-Cola, Deutsche Post, Lufthansa, Nestlé, Nike, Procter & Gamble, Pepsi, RTL and Sony Ericsson, this year’s forum will focus on the brand experience - what brands want, need and expect from mobile and what they can and have achieved. The programme will feature a variety of high-profile guests and expert commentators, providing a platform for industry leaders to discuss trends, share best practices and debate the future of the industry.
“Mobile is the only medium that we can use to reach, target, measure and reward our customers on a real time basis,” stated Pepsi’s Marketing Director Ugur Oglu when asked about his reasons for attending the MMF; the first event at which Pepsi will discuss its mobile strategy. “We truly believe that mobile is a must in the marketing mix and represents a great revolution in engaging with customers.”
MMF Europe will be held on 9 – 10 September at the NH Berlin Mitte Hotel in Berlin. Over the two day period, attendees will be able to hear from and interact with the forerunners in mobile marketing through keynote speeches, presentations, case studies, panels and networking opportunities; hearing what brands want from mobile, what agencies need to ensure they can pitch mobile to their clients and what is and is not working elsewhere in Europe and globally.
Key highlights from the agenda include:
- Reaching out to sports fans through mobile media – Zafer Parlar: General Manager, Nike Türkiye
- What is the Coca-Cola global approach to mobile marketing? - Hinde Pagani: Senior Mobile Marketing Manager, Global Interactive Marketing, The Coca-Cola Company
- How is Nestlé using Mobile? - Vanderlei Roque dos Santos: eBusiness Leader, Nestlé
- Challenges in Digital Marketing: BMW’s use of mobile as a part of its marketing strategy - Marc Mielau: Head of Digital Media, BMW
- How Publishers Approach the Mobile Channel - Tom Bowman: VP International Ad Sales, BBC Worldwide
- Creating Mobile Services in the Airline Industry - Marcus Casey: Director, Global Ecommerce and Mobile Services, Lufthansa
- How Pepsi’s Tone&Win Campaign became a case study for the region - Ugur Oglu, Marketing Director, Pepsi
- Deutsche Post goes mobile: Effective implementation of mobile strategies for the world’s leading logistic company - Marco Hauprich: Vice President – New Technologies, Deutsche Post
- Insights from the Exposure Europe Research - Bruce Hoang: Group Head of Media Research, Orange Advertising Network
- Mobile Advertising Case Studies - Jon Wade: Digital Strategy Director, Wunderman
“The mobile device is bringing about a revolution in marketing communications; providing a personal, targeted and highly effective way of engaging with the consumer,” said Mike Wehrs, MMA President and CEO. “The assembly in Berlin of 12 of the world’s biggest and most recognisable brands to talk about mobile is a true testament to its growing power. We as a mobile industry are now listening to brands about what they are doing, not talking insularly. We are hearing major brand and agency experience with mobile, exploring its opportunities, discovering new ideas and inspiring one another.”
For those attendees who will be unable to travel to the Forum, the MMA has introduced an interactive Live Stream Webcast powered by bnetTV that allows virtual attendees to watch the event and text in real-time questions to speakers and moderators. Interested applicants can register at http://www.mobilemarketingforum.com/?q=node/719.
MMF Europe is produced by the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) in partnership with Informa Telecoms and Media. Event sponsors include Jinny Software, i-New Communications, Openwave, comverse,GetJar, 2ergo, bnetTV, Smaato, and Velti. For more information on Mobile Marketing Forum Europe and to register, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.
About Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing over forty countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe, Latin American (LATAM), Middle East & Africa (MEA) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com.
The MMA’s Mobile Marketing Forum series of events bring the entire mobile marketing ecosystem together under one roof to deliver the best learning and networking experience of any event in the mobile space. Held in each region throughout the year and comprising a fully interactive agenda of presentation, debate and case study from leading brands, operators and agencies, more information can be found at www.mobilemarketingforum.com.