Mobile Marketing Association Names New European Board of Directors for 2009
May 14, 2009
Board represents leaders in mobile marketing across the ecosystem, with increased representation from brands and agencies
New York and London – May 14, 2009 — The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) (www.mmaglobal.com) today announced its new European Board of Directors for the 2009-2010 period. The election of the new board members comes after over a month of nominations and voting by MMA members and precedes the election of an Executive Committee, the members of which will also make up the Global Board. The MMA global and regional board members work together with MMA staff to oversee and guide the Mobile Marketing Association and its industry initiatives, continuing to foster region-wide leadership on the key issues that affect the industry such as metrics and measurement and the protection of consumer privacy.
“The European market is of central importance to the development of mobile marketing going forward,” said MMA Managing Director for Europe, Paul Berney. “With so many leading industry figures serving on the Board, we will be able to make great progress over the next year, building on the solid foundations created by the previous Boards to further advance the MMA’s mission in the region.”
Since its establishment in April 2007, the MMA European Board has launched region-specific Mobile Advertising and Proximity Marketing Guidelines, conducted research into consumer attitudes to the mobile channel in key markets and held numerous industry education and networking events. Comprised of individuals representing some of the world’s most prominent agencies, brands, advertisers, content and application providers and market research consultancies involved in mobile marketing today, the MMA 2009 Board of Directors for Europe is as follows:
- Arda Kertmelioglu, CMO / Co-Founder, Mobilera BV
- Charles Sword, Director of Mobile Monetisation, Yahoo!
- Clare Grant, Director of Marketing, Velti
- Daniel Rosen, Head of AKQA Mobile, AKQA
- Diego Conforti, Corporate Management Director, Zed Worldwide
- Ed Kershaw, Vice President of Mobile Media, The Nielsen Company
- Jon Wade, Digital Strategy Director, Wunderman
- Kate Barry, General Manager, PlayPhone
- Michalia Negri, VP Business Development & Strategy, Out There Media
- Scott Seaborn, Group Head of Mobile, Ogilvy Group
The new board members join the following existing board directors in Europe:
- David Hendry, Strategic Planning & Commercial Development - Mobile Advertising, Vodafone Group Services Ltd.
- Laurent Samama, Marketing Director, Orange
- Mark Wachter, MMA Germany (BVDW Section Mobile)
- Martin Peters, Head of Mobile Search and Advertising, T-Mobile International
- Melis Turkmen, Mobile Marketing & Advertising Unit Head, Turkcell IIietisim Hizmetleri A.S.
- Roland Tauchner, Managing Director, MMA Austria (DIMOCO Direct Mobile Communications)
- Russell Buckley, VP Global Alliances, AdMob Inc.
- Salvador Carrillo, Managing Director, MMA Spain (Mobile Dreams Factory)
- Sven-Stormer Thaulow, Business Development Director, Telenor Nordic Mobile
- Tanya Field, Head of Mobile Internet, O2
“As an action-oriented, member-driven trade association, we incorporate the entire mobile marketing ecosystem in the work that we do. The input and the leadership that we receive from our board members around the world is absolutely vital in that process,” commented MMA President and CEO Mike Wehrs. “Our thanks go to the 2008 European Board of Directors for their contributions over this past year and we greatly look forward to working with the new board members in Europe to make 2009 and beyond even more productive for our members and the mobile marketing industry as a whole.”
Regional and Global Executive Committee elections and the appointment of the new Global Chairperson will be announced in June. The first meeting of the European Board will be within 30 days of election.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing over forty countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe (EUR), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com. For information relating to the MMA’s Mobile Marketing Forum series, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Jen Allen or Becca Daniel
Mi liberty Ltd
Tel: +44 207 751 4444
Email: [email protected]