Chapter Formed with Industry Leaders Representing Mobile Marketing Ecosystem
Hong Kong, Feb. 7, 2007 — The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) (www.mmaglobal.com) today launched the Asia Pacific (APAC) chapter of the MMA, and announced the board of directors and founding member companies. The MMA APAC chapter launches as the utilization of the mobile channel for marketing initiatives gains traction around the world and as brands, agencies and mobile marketing industry players recognize the need for global guidelines and best practices, the protection of consumer privacy as well as overall industry education.
According to Research and Markets, leading source for international market research and market data, APAC is the largest and fastest-growing mobile market in the world, with 850 million mobile subscribers and total subscriber base still growing at an annual rate of almost 25 percent. The momentum in this region for mobile marketing has already begun with consumers eager to participate in a variety of programs from mobile video, gaming, text messaging and mobile internet campaigns.
“The MMA is excited about its APAC chapter launch, which has been highly anticipated over the past few months as the number of active participants continues to rise,” said Laura Marriott, executive director of the global MMA. “We look forward to working with the region’s industry leaders to drive the creation of a mobile marketing code of conduct, consumer best practices, mobile advertising and commerce guidelines and best practices.”
“The APAC region is clearly a prime market for starting a chapter of the MMA which has been steadfast in attaining its goals surrounding protecting the consumer and driving the mobile marketing channel,” said Sandy Agarwal, managing director, Asia Pacific, Enpocket and MMA Asia Pacific Chairman. “We are pleased to see the diversity of leaders in the initial board of directors which include large global brands, technology and wireless companies, digital media and advertising agencies that are looking to focus on APAC for its extraordinary potential.”
The 2007 MMA APAC Executive Committee includes:
- David Turchetti, CEO, 21 Communications (Treasurer)
- Geoffrey Handley, Director, New Business, Asia Pacific, The Hyperfactory (Director at Large and Secretary)
- Jawahar Kanjilal, Director, Multimedia Experiences, Nokia Multimedia, Asia Pacific, Nokia (Director at Large)
- Ken Mandel, CEO, Neo@Ogilvy Asia Pacific, Vice President - Digital, Asia Pacific OgilvyOne Worldwide (Vice-Chairman)
- Laura Marriott, MMA (Executive Director)
- Sandy Agarwal, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Enpocket (Chairman)
In addition to the Executive Committee, the 2007 MMA APAC Board of Directors include:
- Alan Chang, Marketing Manager, Beijing Innovative Linkage Technology Ltd.
- Simone Ranucci, CEO/COO, Buongiorno
- John Maguire, General Manager, Asia-Pacific, CRE8
- Måns Burman, Director, Business Development Head of IPX Asia Pacific, Ericsson AB
- Ross Crowley, Executive Vice President, Content, STAR Group Limited
- Shubhro Sen, Ph.D., Senior Vice President / Managing Director Asia Pacific, g8wave
- Barney Loehnis, Asia Pacific Network Director, Isobar
- Charles Kruse, Managing Director of Asia, M Cashback (Thailand) Ltd.
- Joshua Maa, Founder and CEO, Madhouse Inc.
- Rohit Dadwal, Director, Platform, Mobile & One Care, APAC Region, Microsoft (MSN and Windows Live)
- Nono Coliangco, CEO of Information Gateway-Monstermob’s Manila, Monstermob
- Adrian Gregory Lui, Business Development Manager, Asia, dotMobi (mTLD Top Level Domain, Ltd.)
- John Thomas Dawes, VP & GM Asia Pacific Region, Openwave
- Stephane Vidaillet, General Manager, Púca Technologies
- Philip Davis, GM, Global Sales & Marketing, Radius-ED
- Leonardo O'Grady, Integrated Marketing And Communications Director, Asia Pacific Group, The Coca-Cola Company
- Dennis Hamann, Director of Content Solutions, Asia Pacific, VeriSign, Inc.
- Jaeyong Lee, General Manager, APAC and VP of Core Products, Vidiator
- David Ko, Senior Director, Yahoo! Mobile
Other APAC MMA founding member companies include: @Data Co., Ltd., Carlson Marketing Worldwide, mBlox, Inc., Reuters and The Walt Disney Company.
The APAC kickoff meeting is being held at the Microsoft offices in Hong Kong today.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global association established to lead in the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to sustainable market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the mobile channel for use by brands and content providers. The 400+ global member companies include agencies, advertisers, hand held device manufacturers, wireless operators, aggregators, infrastructure providers, retailers, technology enablers, market research firms and all companies focused on marketing via the mobile channel. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Valerie Christopherson or
Global Results Comm. (GRC)
+1 949 608 0276