Mobile Marketing Association Announces New Global Board of Directors
Board brings together mobile marketing leaders for international collaboration
Denver, CO; London, Hong Kong & Sao Paulo – June 9th, 2008 — The Mobile Marketing Association )MMA) )www.mmaglobal.com
) today named its Global Board of Directors, incorporating representation from member companies across each of the MMA’s four regional branches: North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia-Pacific and the recently launched Latin American branch. The Global Board is made up of the elected Executive Committee members from each region and will be chaired by AdMob’s Russell Buckley, who will launch the new Board’s activity at its first meeting in New York following the MMA’s Mobile Marketing Forum event in June.
Global Vice-Chairman is Tom Daly of The Coca-Cola Company.
The MMA’s mission is to create a sustainable industry for mobile marketing world-wide and the new board will continue to foster global leadership on the key issues affecting the industry, including best practices and the protection of consumer privacy. Recently the MMA’s initiatives have included the launch of global Mobile Advertising Guidelines, creating a framework for brands and media companies to deliver mobile advertising in a positive and consistent way.
The MMA 2008 Global Board of Directors is as follows:
- Chairman: Jimmy Poon, Managing Director, Púca China
- Vice-Chairman: Matthias Kunze, Director, Mobile Monetization, Yahoo!
- Treasurer & Secretary: John Maguire, Chief Commercial Officer and General Manager, Asia-Pacific, CRE8
- Director at Large: Rohit Dadwal, Director Mobile, Platform and One Care, Microsoft Operations Pte. Ltd.
- Chairman: Russell Buckley, Managing Director, Europe, Ad-Mob Inc
- Vice-Chairman: Daniel Rosen, Managing Director, AKQA Mobile
- Treasurer: Xavier Perret, Vice President, Digital Advertising Solutions, Orange Group
- Director at Large: Christian Hernandez Gallardo, Strategic Partnerships, Google
- Secretary: Mark Wächter, MMA Germany )BVDW Section Mobile)
- Chairman, Federico Pisani Massamormile, CEO, HANZO )Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Vice-Chairman, Omarson Costa, Senior Business Development Manager - Latin America, Microsoft Corporation )São Paulo, Brazil)
- Treasurer, Eduardo Jacob, CEO, MobX- Mobile Marketing ) São Paulo, Brazil)
- Director at Large: Ibrahim )Aby) Mcmillan, CEO Abril Digital, Editora Abril SA )São Paulo, Brazil)
- Secretary: To be announced
- Chairman: Tom Daly, Group Manager, Strategy & Planning, The Coca-Cola Company
- Vice-Chairman: Gene Keenan, Vice-President of Mobile Services, Isobar
- Treasurer: Michael Bayle, Senior Director, Global Mobile Monetization, Yahoo!
- Secretary: Maria Mandel, Executive Director of Digital Innovation, OgilvyInteractive
- Director at Large: Michael Becker, EVP, Business Development, iLoop Mobile, Inc.
Richard Saggers, Global Chairman Emeritus and Laura Marriott, MMA President, round out the Global Board of Directors.
“Global industry collaboration is essential for the successful propagation of mobile marketing amongst brands and advertisers and to ensure the best experience for the consumer,” said new chairman Buckley. “The MMA has been leading the growth of mobile marketing world-wide and I look forward to working with the new Board and continuing its great work evangelizing the mobile channel and ensuring the path to market development is a smooth one.”
“The MMA Global Board of Directors plays a key leadership role in both the MMA and the industry by offering strategic oversight and real-world expertise, enabling the MMA to set and define the existing benchmarks for moving the mobile marketing industry forward,” said MMA President Laura Marriott. “Our thanks go to the previous Global & NA Chairman Cyriac Roeding, Global Chairman & EMEA Chairman Richard Saggers, APAC Chairman Sandy Agarwal and each of the 2007 board members for their contributions over this past year.”
About the Mobile Marketing Association )MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association )MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 600 member companies, representing over forty countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and in 2007 it formed the North America )NA), Europe Middle East & Africa )EMEA), Latin American )LATAM) and Asia Pacific )APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Jen Allen or Louise Amon
Mi liberty Ltd
P: +44 20 7751 4444