Mobile Marketing Association Announces Awards JudgesAnnual Event Recognizes Industry Leaders in Advancing Mobile Marketing WorldwideBOULDER, CO, Sept. 8 2006
— The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) (www.mmaglobal.com
) today announced the lineup of judges for its 2006 annual awards honoring innovators who have helped advance the mobile marketing space. The awards will be presented November 28 at the MMA’s Annual General Meeting and Awards Dinner in Los Angeles.
The Awards judges are all industry leaders and have expertise and commitment in advancing the adoption of the mobile channel. The judges represent the industry’s major carriers, brands, advertising agencies, aggregators, research firms, news agencies and content providers. This year’s judges are:
• Anil Malhotra, Senior Vice President, Alliances & Marketing, Bango
• Antony Bruno, Editor, Fierce Mobile Content
• Brad Farkas, General Partner, i-Hatch Ventures, LP
• Carrie Seifer, Director of Emerging Technologies, Conde Net – Conde Nast
• Christian Loredo, Vice President, Network Services, Mobile Accord, Inc.
• Christine Loredo, Marketing Director, AOL LLC.
• Courtney Acuff, Associate Director - Wireless Specialist, denuo (a Publicis Groupe Company)
• Craig Kirkland, Director, Messaging & Voice Services, Alltel Wireless
• Dave LaPlante, CEO, Twelve Horses
• Dave Oberholzer, Associate Director, Information, Messaging, & Off-Net Programming, Verizon Wireless
• David Murphy, Editor, Mobile Marketing Magazine
• Derek Handley, Co-Founder & CEO, The Hyperfactory
• Eric Wheeler, Senior Partner, Executive Director, Ogilvy Interactive, North America
• Erik Smith, Vice President Content Partnerships, MobiTV, Inc.
• Gene Keenan, Vice President of Mobile Services, Isobar
• Ian Povey, Director of Mobile Services, Teligence Communications Inc.
• Jared Nieuwenhuis, Director, Marketing Communications, Vidiator
• Jay Emmet, President Americas, mBlox, Inc.
• Jean Berberich, Mobile Consumer Strategies, Procter & Gamble
• Jim Manis, Senior Vice President, VeriSign, Inc.
• John Hadl, Mobile Consultant
• John Styers, Director of Data Services, Sprint Nextel
• Kathryn Volpi, Director, Product Management & Marketing, US Cellular Corp.
• Laura Marriott, Executive Director, Mobile Marketing Association
• Linda Barrabee, Program Manager Wireless/Mobile, Yankee Group
• Louis Gump, Global Chairman, Mobile Marketing Association & Vice President, Mobile, The Weather Channel Interactive
• Matt Champagne, Director, Product Management, Microsoft/MSN Mobile
• Michael Becker, Executive Vice President of Business Development, iLoop Mobile, Inc.
• Mike Baker, President & COO, Enpocket, Inc.
• Mitch Feinman, Senior Vice President, Fox Mobile Entertainment
• Rhonda Wickham, Editor-in-Chief, Wireless Week
• Richard Ting, Executive Creative Director, R/GA
• Shabnum Norling, Managing Director, ipsh!
• Soren Schafft, Vice-President, Products & Operations, SinglePoint
• Tim Solt, Senior Vice President of Sales, go2 Directory Systems
• Todd Wasserman, News Editor, BrandWeek
• Tony Bernard, COO, 9 Squared, Inc.
• Tracy Ford, Editor, RCR Wireless News
“This year’s judges are a who’s who of the mobile industry,” said Laura Marriott, executive director of the MMA. “As leaders of their respective areas, each recognizes the power of the mobile channel and will help to identify those deserving recognition for work completed in 2006. The MMA awards are an opportunity for industry players to showcase their successes.”
The annual MMA awards feature five major categories: Best Use of Mobile Marketing, Innovation Award, Innovation Award for Creativity, Outstanding Individual Achievement in Mobile Marketing and Outstanding Committee/Company Achievement in Mobile Marketing. For more information about the MMA’s Annual General Meeting and Awards Dinner, visit http://www.mmaglobal.com/modules/content/index.php?id=119
.About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global association which strives to stimulate the growth of mobile marketing. The MMA is an action-oriented association designed to clear obstacles to market development, to establish standards and best practices for sustainable growth, and to evangelize the mobile channel for use by brands and third party content providers. MMA members include agencies, advertisers, hand held device manufacturers, wireless operators and service providers, retailers, as well as any company focused on the potential of marketing via the mobile channel. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.comFOR MORE INFORMATION:
Valerie Christopherson or
Global Results Comm. (GRC)
+1 949 608 0276[email protected]