MMA Announces Powerhouse 2017 Global and North America Smarties Awards Jury
August 14, 2017
Goodyear CMO Richard Kellam Leads Nearly 30 Brand and Agency Executives Through New Judging Criteria Focused on Business Impact
New York – August 14, 2017 – The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile marketing industry, today announced the jury for the 2017 Annual Global Smarties and newly-launched North America Smarties Awards Programs. Supporting MMA’s marketer-first mission, Goodyear’s Chief Marketing Officer Richard Kellam will take on the role of 2017 jury president, leading both the Global and North America judging processes.
The 2017 jury is comprised of 27 senior brand and agency professionals, selected for their achievements, respect throughout the industry and ability to judge with fairness and integrity as they select the world’s leading mobile marketing campaigns. The full jury list can be found below.
“I’m honored to serve as Jury President for the 2017 MMA Global Smarties Awards and celebrate the innovative work that not only pushes the boundaries of mobile, but truly helps brands achieve their goals,” said Kellam. “The MMA’s new focus on the impact mobile has on business objectives reflects the imperative of mobile today, as it leads so many of today’s marketing endeavors.
“We are excited to have a consummate global marketing professional like Richard Kellam lead the impressive 2017 jury. With his help, the jury will bring a critical and discerning eye, demanding the highest standards in campaigns that drive real business impact,” said Sheryl Daija, chief strategy officer of the MMA. “With Mobile now sitting at the center of campaigns, it is even more critical to award work that is thoughtful, employs best practices that create significant swings in ROI and pushes the envelope of what is possible in mobile.”
For the 2017 Global and North America Smarties programs, the MMA adjusted the current weighing of the judging criteria, making business impact the most critical element in determining which campaigns will win a Smarties. This new emphasis makes the Smarties Awards the first global, mobile-centric program to focus on such benchmarks.
In partnership with WARC, the MMA will publish a “Top 5” ranking of mobile marketing companies – including an individual ranking each of agencies and brands – that are achieving the biggest business impact. The top-ranked company in each category will receive the brand-new Smarties Index Business Impact Award. The award will be the ultimate achievement in mobile marketing, as it is an honor derived from aggregating the business impact of all the Smarties-winning campaigns from around the world.
All entries are currently being evaluated by the Smarties Pre-Screening Council, comprised of more than 100 senior-level mobile marketers. Through a complex algorithm, the Council will determine the initial short list, which will then be vetted and ultimately judged by the Global and North America Smarties Jury during all-day sessions in New York City on August 15-16. Finalists and winners will be honored on September 25 at the Smarties Celebration of Talent, held as part of MMA's SM2 Innovation Summit at Industria in New York City, during Advertising Week.
2017 Smarties judging panel members include:
- Richard Kellam, CMO, Goodyear: Global Smarties Jury President
- Jay Altschuler, VP, Media & Partnerships, Samsung
- Kristen D’Arcy, Head of Performance Marketing & Media, American Eagle Outfitters
- Christine DiLandro, SVP, Head of Media & Integrated Marketing, Citi
- Mike Donaghey, Creative Director, R/GA
- Guilherme Gomide, CEO & Founding Partner, Mirum Agency
- Kimberly Gnatt, Global Group Director, Digital Platforms & Innovation, The Coca-Cola Company
- Luke Hamilton, Global VP of Creative, Emerging Experience, SapientRazorfish
- Amanda Helming, VP, Brand Marketing & Pricing, Dunkin’ Donuts U.S.
- Mindel Klein Lepore, Worldwide Director, Global Digital Marketing, Colgate-Palmolive
- Edlynne Laryea, Global Director, Digital Partnerships, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Worldwide
- John Militello, Director of Marketing, Volvo Car USA
- Christopher Miller, Divisional Vice President, Global Brand Strategy & Innovation, Abbott
- Jason Minyo, EVP, Executive Creative Director, Brand Purpose & Social Good, Design Department Lead, Edelman
- Lauren Radcliffe, VP, Marketing, Media & Acquisition, E*TRADE
- Mary Rodgers, Director of Marketing Communications, Cuisinart & Waring Products
- Dave Sanabria, Manager, Global Connected Consumer Experience, Ford Motor Company
- Heidi Schoeneck, EVP, Executive Director Creative, Geometry Global
- Aaron Smolick, Executive Director, Head of Paid Media Analytics & Optimization, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Francie Staub, Managing Director of Integrated & Digital Marketing, TD Ameritrade
- Heather Stewart, General Director, Global Marketing Services, General Motors
- Tara Thomas, Director, Global Digital Strategy, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
- Gail Tifford, VP, Media North America & Global Digital Innovation, Unilever
- Leo Xavier, CEO, Pontomobi Linked by Isobar
- Ronalee Zarate-Bayani, Head of Global Integrated Marketing & Digital Advancement, The Hershey Company
- Warren Zenna, EVP, Managing Director, NA at Mobext (Havas Media Group)
- Jenny Zirinsky, VP, Global Media, Coty
For the complete list of the Global Smarties submission categories, and the regional and country award programs, please visit: http://www.mmaglobal.com/smarties/categories.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA is the world’s leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800 member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem, including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others. The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars; to cultivate inspiration by driving innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for marketing organizations through fostering know-how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and to advocate for mobile marketers. Additionally, MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development.
Members include: 1-800-Flowers.com, AdColony, Allstate, American Express, AT&T, Bank Of America, Campbell’s, JPMorgan Chase, Chobani, Choice Hotels, Citi, Clear Channel Outdoor, Colgate-Palmolive, DataXu, Dunkin’ Brands, eBay, E*TRADE, Electronic Arts, ESPN, Expedia, Facebook, Ford, Foursquare, Google, GroundTruth, Heineken, Hershey’s, Hilton Worldwide, iHeartMedia, Hulu, InMobi, Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg, Marriott, MasterCard, McDonald’s, Microsoft, MillerCoors, OpenMarket, Pandora, PepsiCo, Pfizer, Pinterest, PlaceIQ, Procter & Gamble, R/GA, RadiumOne, Razorfish, RetailMeNot, Salesforce, Samsung, SAP, Simulmedia, Snap Inc., Spotify, SUBWAY, Tapjoy, Target Inc., The Coca-Cola Company, The Rubicon Project, The Weather Company, Time Inc, T-Mobile, TUNE, Turner Broadcasting, Twitter, Uber, Ubimo, Unilever, USPS, Verve, VEVO, Vibes, Videology, Walmart, Wendy’s, Zurich and many more. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) and Latin America (LATAM). For more information about the MMA please visit http://www.mmaglobal.com.