Industry Leaders show their Commitment to Mobile as core to their business and marketing strategies
(London, United Kingdom) July 1st, 2014 – The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, announced today its new MMA UK Board of Directors serving for a one-year term with immediate effect. The Board is drawn from the marketer, agency, media owner, tech enabler, research and Telco communities representing mobile interests within the UK. “The growing number of marketers and agencies on the UK board aligns directly with the MMA’s recently announced marketer first and innovation-focused mission.” said Chris Babayode, Managing Director MMA EMEA.
'I am delighted to be Chair of the MMA UK for a second term. Last year was a stand out year for mobile advertising and the MMA and I am excited to have a strong MMA board and membership backing me to work with leading UK marketers to better understand and exploit the value of mobile marketing in the year ahead' said Stephen Upstone, CEO & Founder of LoopMe.
The new and re-elected board members are:
• Stephen Upstone, Founder & CEO, LoopMe (Chair)
• Claire Valoti, Head of Agency Relations UK, Facebook (Vice Chair)
• Adrian McDonald, VP International Bus Dev & Strategy, Widespace
• Alex Klose, Head of Marketing, IMImobile
• Britta Anderson, Senior Manager Digital Marketing EU, Coca Cola Enterprises.
• Chris Minas, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Nimbletank
• George Dixon, Head of Mobile, Mediacom
• James Collier, Managing Director EMEA, AdTruth
• James Temple, VP, MD Executive Creative Director, R/GA London
• Jide Sobo, Head of Mobile, MEC
• Matt Brocklehurst , Product Marketing, Mobile Advertising, Google
• Mick Rigby, CEO, Yodel Mobile
• Nigel Clarkson, Commercial Director, Weve
• Pratick Thakrar, Managing Director, Inspired Mobile
• Paul O’Grady, Senior Communications Planning Manager, Unilever
• Simon Birkenhead, CEO, Axonix
• Victor Malachard, CEO and co-founder, byyd Tech (Adfonic)
‘Mobile is transforming consumer behaviour as we know it today and as a result creating opportunities for advertisers that have never existed before. It is so exciting to be part of the MMA UK Board to help shape the evolution of this space and maximise the full potential of mobile marketing’ said Claire Valoti, Head of Agency Relations, Facebook.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA is the world’s leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800 member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others.
The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars: to cultivate inspiration by driving the innovation for the Marketing Director and their teams; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for the marketing organisations through fostering know-how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and advocacy. Additionally MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development.
Mobile Marketing is broadly defined as including advertising, apps, messaging, mCommerce and CRM on all mobile devices including smart phones and tablets.
MMA UK members include: Unilever, The Coca-Cola Company, Nielsen, Facebook, Google, Procter & Gamble, Fetch, Millennial Media, Hilton Worldwide, Vodafone, Widespace, Telefonica, byddTech
The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations in Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC). For information about the MMA please visit www.mmaglobal.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Director of Membership Strategy, EMEA
+44 7825 093130