MARKETING, MEDIA AND ADVERTISING TOOK CENTER STAGE DURING SOLD OUT MMF
June 11, 2007
MARKETING, MEDIA AND ADVERTISING TOOK CENTER STAGE DURING SOLD OUT MOBILE MARKETING FORUM
MMF Dubbed ‘The Place To Be’ for More Than 680 Global Delegates Discussing Opportunities in Mobile Marketing
Boulder, CO., June 12, 2007— The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) (www.mmaglobal.com), which represents more than 400 companies across the mobile ecosystem, today reported that last week’s Mobile Marketing Forum (MMF) held in New York concluded, noting the event sold out with more than 680 attendees. The Coca-Cola Company chose the MMA’s Mobile Marketing Forum as the location for the exclusive launch of its Sprite Yard initiative with a keynote presentation by Mark Greatrex, SVP Marketing Communications and Insights. Other highlights included the increased emphasis by brands making investments in the mobile channel which included advertising, video, mobile web, messaging and more.
“The MMF event continues to be the forum for industry leaders to come together to discuss innovations in mobile marketing,” said Laura Marriott, president of the MMA. “The MMA’s work to establish best practices and guidelines, as well as our collaboration with experts across industry sectors such as media and entertainment, have set the foundation for what is today an exciting time for brands to reach their consumers through mobile.”
The MMF (www.mobilemarketingforum.com) consisted of keynote sessions from Mark Greatrex, The Coca-Cola Company; Thomas Gewecke, EVP Global Business Development, SONY BMG ENTERTAINMENT; and Bernard Gershon, SVP/general manager, ABC News Digital Media Group. Sessions featured industry experts and focused on a variety of topics including mobile advertising, m-commerce, television/video and mobile marketing 101.
The MMA also released a series of announcements during the event:
- Release 4.0 of Mobile Advertising Guidelines: the latest revision includes guidelines for downloadable content as well as an overview on Multi-media Messaging Services (MMS).
- Measurement Initiative: MMA announced the formation of a Global Measurement Committee (GMC). The MMA GMC will help to create the ad currencies as well as a framework for the measurement of mobile marketing success. The GMC will be chaired by The Coca-Cola Company and M:Metrics.
- MMA & GSMA Collaboration: the two organizations will collaborate to expedite the growth of mobile advertising world-wide.
- Participation TV Committee: MMA formed the first industry-wide committee to focus on the growth of TV’s mobile participation which will be chaired by Telescope and Granada USA.
- The MMA International Journal of Mobile Marketing (MMA-IJMM): the MMA-IJMM, issued by the MMA Academic Outreach Committee, contains 10 articles from industry experts, thought leaders and global contributors to the mobile marketplace.
For complete details on the Mobile Marketing Forum, or for information regarding the upcoming Mobile Marketing Forums, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the mobile channel for use by brands and content providers. The 400+ global member companies include agencies, advertisers, hand held device manufacturers, wireless operators, aggregators, technology enablers, market research firms and all companies focused on marketing via the mobile channel. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com