First Latin American Board of Directors Named by the Mobile Marketing Association
Mobile Marketing Growth Continues to Skyrocket in Latin America
São Paulo, Denver, CO– June 3, 2008
— The Mobile Marketing Association )MMA) )www.mmaglobal.com
) today announced its newest addition to the Global organization, the Latin America )LATAM) MMA Board of Directors. The MMA LATAM branch was formed in March, reflecting the latest MMA effort to establish regional presence across the globe. The MMA LATAM Board of Directors is comprised of representatives from across the mobile marketing ecosystem including aggregators, marketers, carriers, agencies, technology enablers and more.
“Latin America is a fast growing and exciting region for mobile marketers and our recently formed LATAM branch continues to grow membership, bringing together the industry leaders in the region,” said Laura Marriott, president of the MMA. “We’re pleased to formally announce our Latin American Board of Directors and look forward to regionalized collaboration to ultimately drive the sustainable development of the industry globally.”
“Mobile marketing in Latin America represents significant opportunities for brands, marketers and the entire mobile sector,” said Federico Pisani Massamormile, CEO, HANZO and MMA LATAM Chairman. “We are pleased to see the diversity of leaders in the initial board of directors which include brands, technology and wireless companies, marketers and advertising agencies that are looking to grow the potential of the Latin American market.”
The MMA’s mission is to create a sustainable industry for mobile marketing world-wide and the new Latin American board will foster regionalized leadership on the key issues affecting the industry, including industry best practices and the protection of consumer privacy.
The MMA Latin American Executive Committee is as follows:
- Chairman, Federico Pisani Massamormile, CEO, HANZO )Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Vice-Chairman, Omarson Costa, Senior Business Development Manager - Latin America, Microsoft Corporation )São Paulo, Brazil)
- Treasurer, Eduardo Jacob, CEO, MobX- Mobile Marketing ) São Paulo, Brazil)
- Director at Large: Ibrahim )Aby) Mcmillan, CEO Abril Digital, Editora Abril SA )São Paulo, Brazil)
- Secretary: To be announced
- Laura Marriott, President, MMA
Additional elected individuals, founding, sustaining and/or honorary director positions include:
- Adriana Knackfuss, Interactive Marketing Manager, The Coca-Cola Company )Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Alexandre Manuel Madeira Fernandes, Director of Products & Services, Vivo S.A. )São Paulo,Brazil)
- Ann Marie Williams, CEO, Okto )São Paulo, Brazil)
- Eugenio Velasco, Mobile Services Director, Televisa Digital )México City, Mexico)
- Ezequiel Abramzon, Digital Media Director, The Walt Disney Company Latin America )Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Ezequiel Jones, Media Director – Southern Cone, Unilever de Argentina S.A. )Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Felipe Muñoz, Sr. Director, Latin America, Yahoo! Inc. )Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Guillermo Rivaben, Marketing Director, Telecom Personal S.A. )Buenos Aires,Argentina)
- Renato Ciuchini, Director for New Business and Strategic Planning, TIM Brasil )São Paulo,Brazil)
- Roberto Vazquez Ferrero, Telecommunications Market & Consumer Research Director for Latin America, The Nielsen Company – Nielsen Mobile )Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Terence Reis, Mobile Marketing, F.biz )São Paulo, Brazil)
The MMA plans to host another Mobile Marketing Forum in LATAM later this year.
About the Mobile Marketing Association )MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association )MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 600 member companies, representing over forty countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and in 2007 it formed the North America )NA), Europe Middle East & Africa )EMEA), Latin American )LATAM) and Asia Pacific )APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: