The Need for a Comprehensive Growth Framework Has Never Been Greater for Brands
Digital marketing has ushered in an obsession with immediate measures and short-term focus, making it increasingly difficult to justify an allocation of marketing dollars to longer-term brand-building. Even when marketers judge advertising by its ability to lift brand KPIs, there is no solid evidence of the performance value of these metrics over time: Does brand lift translate into business outcomes and how sustainable is it?
Similar to the above, marketers are faced with contradicting information in other decision areas, particularly in respect to the balance between reach and targeting in their media.
Existing growth frameworks still advise marketers to solve for maximum reach with their media buys, thereby avoiding targeting altogether. Still, marketers know that this runs counter to documented evidence that targeting existing heavy and medium buyers can lead to high ROAS.
At this time, it is unclear and unproven what the right balance is on these factors (brand vs performance, reach vs targeting) so marketers are unsure how to best balance their media resources for the present and the future of the brand.
- To introduce a comprehensive new growth framework for maximizing multi-year returns.
- To provide scientific market research evidence and guide marketers to achieve the right balance on two important dimensions:
- Balancing brand vs. performance marketing initiatives
- Balancing media strategies on reach vs. targeting
- To map and assess key media tactics in relation to their brand-building vs. immediate performance benefits.
How to Get Involved
The MMA is forming a consortium of marketers and media companies who are interested to take a leadership role and address these important marketing questions.
- Participating marketers will receive proprietary insights at a fraction of the cost. Furthermore, they will be brought together with other marketers who feel the same urgency to address this issue so learning will be multiplied.
- Participating media companies will substantially offset the cost of the research to marketers. The MMA has already raised nearly a three-quarters of a million dollars to support the funding of this program and is actively identifying three marketers to participate.
To learn more or get involved, contact Vassilis Bakopoulos, Head of Industry Research for the Mobile Marketing Association, or fill out the form below.