Cricket Nirvana ramps up site traffic through mobile advertising with mKhoj
Innovation: mKhoj designed banner ads with live score that refreshed every 60 seconds.
Brand: Cricket Nirvana
Category: Online Cricket Content site
Network: mKhoj, Mobile Ad Network
Cricket Nirvana, recently launched their mobile internet site. They wanted to popularize their site among existing mobile internet users in India and parts of Asia Pacific, the geographies which account for the bulk of the cricket fan base in the world. Cricket Nirvana wanted to increase their user base by driving traffic to their site.
* Drive visits to Cricket Nirvana mobile site to all the pages (news, interviews, live scores etc)
Innovation: Banner ads with live score that refreshed every 60 seconds.
* The campaign was launched in November ’08 and ran for three consecutive months. In this period during match days when India played, mKhoj powered dynamic banner ads for Cricket Nirvana which were actually the live score at that moment. Text ads displaying the recent events in the match were refreshed to keep the audience informed.
* On non match days: mKhoj promoted news, interviews, photo gallery and video download sections on the site through targeted banners and text ads.
* To drive registrations, Cricket Nirvana also promoted contests and polls through mKhoj
* Within one week of the campaign, the Cricket Nirvana mobile site started averaging an incremental 72% page views per day.
* Within three months of the launch, Cricket Nirvana is already at eight million page views per month
* The campaign recorded an average CTR of 1.58% with a peak CTR of 3.58% even through the off- season
The campaign helped Cricket Nirvana increase its brand visibility and awareness. It increased their user base and encouraged repeat visits from existing users. From a publisher perspective the monetization of Cricket Nirvana’s traffic improved significantly as it started attracting brand ads.