Advertisers and agencies expect better performance in mobile campaigns compared to other channels, however few mobile campaigns achieve their true potential on converting a relevant audience in significant volumes with comparatively minimal acquisition costs.
To unlock the true advantage of mobile over other digital channels, a campaign must natively extend peer to peer recommendations - a combination of viral programming with an underlying social graph that persists the map of connected users and their shared interests relative to products being promoted in the campaign.
The key insights behind superior conversions in mobile campaigns for mobile marketers
- Delivering superior conversions: mobile naturally extends viral and social behavior - your campaign management solution needs to deliver viral growth by harnessing the mobile social graph of initial/seed conversions
- Reducing acquisition costs: peer recommendations extend the breadth of your campaign and thereby reducing the total cost of acquisition while simultaneously increasing target relevance based on trusted and mobile native recommendations that are inherently social
- Improving the viral coefficient via cross-channel campaign management: Mobile peer recommendations use channels that are most accessible to the connected parties, i.e. mobile users are selective in the means (channel) they communicate, share and recommend information with others, i.e. they use the most likely means by which they typically reach their peers
- Improving audience relevance: persisting the mobile social graph within your campaign management solution enhances opportunities for machine-generated social recommendations of the same calibre as direct peer recommendations
- Integrating campaign-native social recommendations into the analytics stream: ensuring accurate attribution for “secondary” social conversions enables real-time measurement of the viral coefficient and cycle time. This is essential to minimizing acquisition costs by transitioning campaign traffic from external seed sources to recommendations from the mobile social graph, with the result of a superior conversion rate and a high-retention segment of the target audience
Chris Babayode, Managing Director - EMEA , Mobile Marketing Association