Did you know that...
- Most smartphones report their location 65 meters away from where they are actually located?
- The highest level of accuracy to a GPS-specific device is 3.5 meters (the equivalent to 11.5 feet)?
- Up to 67% of location data is fraudulent?
- Latitude/longitude decimals are only one ingredient of location accuracy - can you name the others?
Location-based targeting and analytics has quickly become the latest marketing strategy, yet many in our industry remain confused about where location data comes from, what level of accuracy is possible, and whether or not it's an efficient use of advertising dollars. Join the MMA for an in-depth look at the journey location data takes from its smartphone origins to its use in marketing campaigns.
This session will explore the fundamental challenges impacting the location-based industry including:
- The state of today's location technology
- Origins of collecting location data
- Determining location accuracy and precision
- Location-based best practices to achieve brand KPIs
Erica DeLorenzo, Sr. Director, Membership, Mobile Marketing Association