On June 18th, the FCC voted on a package of declaratory rulings under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). The rulings are designed to provide clarity on how the Commission interprets TCPA, close loopholes and affirm consumer rights to control the calls they receive. The rulings will have a substantial impact on marketing and customer operations across many industries.
Hear from industry experts from Neustar including, including Chief Privacy Officer, Becky Burr, Senior Director of Risk and Identity, Mitch Young and Director of Business Assurance Product Management, Tom Nowacyzk. In this webinar, they will discuss how authoritative consumer intelligence is helping to mitigate TCPA compliance risk while improving right party contact rates for those contacting consumers or customers via phone or text for telemarketing, servicing, alerting and other communications.
Attendees will learn:
- What marketers need to know about the FCC’s new regulations under TCPA
- What the one call exception/text for reassigned numbers means and how it could impact their business
- What the special exemptions that the FCC announced are
- How text and short message services (“SMS”) are impacted
- What steps your company can take to mitigate TCPA risk
- Why verifying consumer data is critical to both risk mitigation and operational efforts
- How constant change in consumer data requires the most extensive, up-to-date and accurate data
Leo Scullin, Global Industry Initiatives, Mobile Marketing Association