Smarties X - Guidelines
- Read the guidelines below to prepare your submissions before you enter them online.
- Review insights & tips and check out the 2020 winners gallery for further inspiration.
- Register on the entry site and complete your online submissions.
- Select the categories to enter.
- Complete your case study in English for the 4 sections: Strategy, Creativity, Execution and Results (Business Impact). Note the word limits for each section listed within each section on the entry form.
- Early Bird Deadline: June 18, 2021
- Deadline 1: July 14, 2021
- Deadline 2: July 28, 2021
- Deadline 3: August 6, 2021
- Pre-Screening and Final Judging: August – September 2021
- SMARTIES Unplugged Virtual and Awards Celebration: November 9-10, 2021
Video Clip of Your Entry
We strongly recommend that entrants supplement the written entry form with a video showcasing how you brought your idea to life. This video should summarize the challenge, strategy, objectives, execution and outcome of your entry. This clip will be viewed by the judges during the judging sessions. If your entry is a winner, the clip will also be used at the SMARTIES Celebration, in the SMARTIES Winners Gallery, on the SMARTIES website, and for media and educational purposes. Please indicate when you enter your submission if there are reasons, such as music licensing, that restrict your video showcase from being shown at or after the Gala.
Your video showcase should be no longer than 3 minutes. This explanatory clip must be concise and should contain key visuals — video, still images or any other relevant footage — along with simple, clear commentary in English summarizing your entry. Please name this video clip as “2021 Entry Video” and submit via URL.
- 3-minute video
- 16:9 aspect ratio with minimum resolution of 1280x720
- QuickTime or an embedded link (as in YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- .H264 QuickTime .mov format
View the 2020 winners gallery for ideas on how you should put together your video showcase.
Finalists whose videos do not meet these requirements may be asked to submit a video for use at the celebration.
- Reproduce and display all campaign materials submitted to the SMARTIES – for education and publicity purposes – including creative materials, case summaries, and statements of effectiveness, in the conference/event sessions, at MMA public or private presentations, and offline.
- Reproduce and publish all campaign materials submitted to the SMARTIES in the website, and partner websites as approved by the SMARTIES and MMA.
Things to Consider when writing your entry
Each submission must include qualitative and quantitative data to support claims of success.
- Calculate a figure for return on investment (based on sales, profit, etc.)
- Indicate what kind of ROI figure you are sharing
- Did the campaign achieve its objectives and goals?
- What impact did the campaign have on the market, if any?
- How innovative was the campaign?
- What impact did the campaign or enabling technology have on future utilization of mobile in their business?
- How did consumers receive the campaign?
Review Jury Tips and Effective Entry Insights PowerPoint for additional insights as to how to craft your entry form.