La Fourchette - Google whets restaurant booking site’s appetite for mobile advertising
June 28, 2013
- Promote the company’s mobile site and Android, iPhone and Windows Phone apps
- Increase the number of restaurant bookings
- Used AdWords search and display ads to target users across devices
- Targeted iPhone and Android devices specifically with in-app display ads
- 10 per cent of visitors arrive via the mobile site
- 15,000 covers per day
- AdWords sales up 20 per cent due to targeting mobile users
- Total earnings up by 1.5 per cent as a result of in-app advertising
“Display ads in mobile applications are just as easy to use as the rest of AdWords. They allow us to target iPhone and Android users more effectively.”
— Cyndra Volny-Anne, search engine marketing manager.
“We’ve had an excellent return on our mobile advertising.”
— Anthéa Quenel, buying manager.