Mobile Marketing Association Announces 2011 Asia Pacific Board of Directors
Industry Leaders Appointed to Work Towards Increasing Mobile Marketing Spend in the Region
Singapore, October 27, 2010
— The MMA (Mobile Marketing Association) (www.mmaglobal.com) today announced its 2011 Asia Pacific Board of Directors. The key focus areas for the new board will be to accelerate the growth of mobile marketing and advertising, oversee the release of next generation advertising and mobile marketing standards and best practices, streamline and foster the burgeoning mobile marketing marketplace across industries, collaboratively support industry self-regulation and consumer protection efforts, and oversee the production of enhanced industry measurement, metrics, and educational programs and solutions.
"The MMA board consists of industry leaders that are elected based on their involvement, expertise and overall commitment to the organisation and the members we serve," said Greg Stuart, CEO of the MMA. "I'd like to thank the 2010 board for their hard work, dedication and efforts that they have put into the MMA during this transition year. We've achieved a lot, and still have a lot of work to do as mobile continues to push the marketing boundaries, bringing to market a new wealth of campaigns. I'm confident that this year's board will continue the efforts to ensure we further grow a sustainable marketplace worldwide."
The Board of Directors for Asia Pacific includes the following elected members:
- Barney Loehnis, Head of Digital, Asia Pacific, Ogilvy
- Emmanuel Allix, Vice President and Managing Director, InMobi
- Gavin Mehrotra, Director International Media, Coca-Cola Oceania Ltd.
- Hanis Harun, Global Executive Director, Consumer Research, Telecom Practice, The Nielsen Company
- Joshua Maa, Founder and CEO, Madhouse Inc.
- Ken Mandel, Regional Vice President, Advertising Sales & Marketplace, Yahoo! Asia Pacific
- Rahul Welde, Vice President – Media (Asia Pacific), Unilever
- Rajiv Hiranandani, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Altruist – Mobile2Win
- Sonya Madeira Stamp, Managing Partner, Rice Communications
- Tetsuya Kubota, Global Mobile Service Manager, Procter & Gamble
The elected directors join the following emeritus and sustaining directors in APAC:
- Avtansh Sharma, Director, Business Development & Solutions Consulting, Alcatel-Lucent
- Danilo Mojica, Division Head, Wireless Consumer Division, Smart Communications
- Dilip Mistry, Senior Director, Mobile Advertising Product Group, Microsoft
- Sean Rach, Director, Digital Media and Corporate Events, Prudential Corporation Asia (Chair Emeritus)
“The mobile medium is now at a tipping point and the MMA will continue to play a significant role in converting the explosive growth of this channel into revenues for brands and agencies. As the MMA continues to expand its footprint in the Asia Pacific region, we needed a group of leaders who had their hands on the pulse of both the industry as well as the region’s diverse consumer groups. Under the leadership of its 2010 board members, MMA has seen tremendous success in streamlining the industry and fostering its growth. As we enter a new year, we have full faith in our new appointees to steer the mobile marketing industry to greater heights. I thank the 2010 board members for their hard work and look forward to working with the new board,” said Rohit Dadwal, Managing Director, Mobile Marketing Association Asia Pacific Limited.
Over 200 MMA members voted in this year's regional board elections with a record number of nominees. The MMA Executive Committee for the region and the Global Board will also be determined within the next few weeks. The newly elected Board will seat beginning January 01, 2011.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association
(MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association representing all players in the mobile marketing value chain. With more than 700 member companies, the MMA is an action‑oriented organization with global focus, regional actions and local relevance. The MMA’s primary focus is to establish mobile as an indispensable part of the marketing mix. The MMA works to promote, educate, measure, guide and protect the mobile marketing industry worldwide. The MMA’s global headquarters is located in the United States, and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com
# # #
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
M: +91 98733 54750
E: [email protected]