October 14, 2013
Team of industry experts unite to drive forward the mobile marketing ecosystem
London, UK, 14th October, 2013 – The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, announced today the election of its new members to the EMEA Board of Directors for 2013.
Elected by the MMA’s membership, new members of the board for this next term are:
- Shaun Gregory, Vice Chair MMA EMEA & Global Director of Advertising, Telefonica
- Raymond Buckle, CEO, Silverstone CIS
- Karim Khalifa, CEO & Founder, Digital Republic
- Maha Muraish, Director, Digital Advertising, Etisalat Group, Etisalat
- David Skerrett, Director, Mobile & Social Platforms, R/GA
- Ross Sleight, Chief Strategy Officer, Somo
The MMA EMEA board is also pleased to confirm that Kerstin Trikalitis, CEO of Out There Media, has continued in the role of chairperson.
“We are now seeing significant budgets being put behind mobile from leading global brands on both a global and regional level. We have also seen a growing need for fully integrated mobile campaigns, and agencies are officially adding mobile to form part of their creative strategy. It has finally become clear to brands and agencies that they need to come up with innovative, mobile proposals, which is something we have heard in the past – but this time it is really happening. And this is something I look forward to continuing to drive and encourage alongside other members of the MMA EMEA board,” said Kerstin Trikalitis, CEO of Out There Media and MMA EMEA chairperson.
The newly elected board members will join a number of existing board members, whose terms were not up for re-election.
- Melis Ertem, Chair, Emeritus
- Alessandra Di Lorenzo, Head of Display Advertising Products, Vodafone
- Neslihan Ucar, Mobile Marketing Director, Turkcell
- Robbie Douek, Head of Mobile, SEEMEA, Google
- Theo Theodorou, SVP, EMEA, Videology Group
- Kim Siler, Mobile Brand Strategy, Mobile Connections & Interactive Marketing, The Coca-Cola Company
- Jay Altschuler, Director, Global Media Innovation, Unilever
- Steffen Krabbenhoft, Head of Mobile EMEA, Mediacom
- Adhish Kulkarni, CMO, Lumata
- Mandeep Mason, Director of Strategy, EMEA, Mobile and Windows Advertising, Microsoft
- Jay Patel, CEO, IMI Mobile
- Dan Rosen, Global CEO, Joule
- Gavin Stirrat, Managing Director, EMEA, Millennial Media
- Renaud Menerat, President, MMA France and President, userADgents
- Zehra Oney, Founder & CEO, 360+Media Interactive
- Sixto Arias, Chairman Spanish Chapter, MMA Spain and Partner, Wake
- Stephen Upstone, Chair, MMA UK and CEO & Founder, LoopMe Media
- Mark Wachter, Chair, MMA Germany, MWC.mobi
“EMEA is one of the world’s most diverse regions, with individual markets often requiring a unique, tailored approach. By ensuring our board consists of members from across the EMEA mobile ecosystem, we can support both established and emerging markets and the channel’s growth across the region. We will continue to focus our efforts on supporting the adoption of and investment in mobile marketing by brands and agencies through events, such as the upcoming MMA EMEA Forum in November in London, the creation of mobile industry standards, and a number of education and research initiatives. I wish the new board every success and look forward to working with them closely over the coming year,” said Paul Berney, CMO and MD for MMA EMEA.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing nearly 50 countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe-Middle East-Africa (EMEA), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com. For information relating to the MMA’s Mobile Marketing Forum series, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Rebecca Carnie / Pippa Ellis
Phone: +44 (0) 207 751 4444
Email: [email protected]