MMA Appoints Seven New Business Leaders to the Global Board of Directors
September 27, 2017
Beam Suntory, eBay, ESPN, Match Group, The Coca-Cola Company, Twitter and Walmart executives join an already prestigious group
New York – September 27, 2017 – The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile marketing industry, today announced that executives from Beam Suntory, eBay, ESPN, Match Group, The Coca-Cola Company, Twitter and Walmart will join the Global Board of Directors.
Elected by the MMA’s global membership, new board members will serve a two-year term beginning immediately. The new board members and re-elected board members include:
New Board Members to be voted on by the membership:
- Suzy Deering, CMO, eBay
- Matt Derella, Global VP, Twitter Client Solutions, Twitter
- Ayesha Gilarde, CMO, Match Group
- David Godsman, Chief Digital Marketing Officer, The Coca-Cola Company
- Rebecca Messina, CMO, Beam Suntory
- Tony Rogers, CMO, Walmart
- Wanda Young, SVP of Marketing & Consumer Engagement, ESPN
Renewed Board Members:
- Susan Canavari, Chief Brand Officer, JPMorgan Chase
- Peter McGuinness, Chief Marketing & Brand Officer, Chobani
- Andrew Sherrard, Chief Commercial Officer, T-Mobile USA, Inc.
“I am excited to work side-by-side with this impressive group of business leaders as we continue to help the MMA drive against what I consider to be some of the most important programs the industry is developing in measurement, innovation, marketing organizational design, and more,” said Sanjay Gupta, former Executive Vice President of Marketing, Innovation and Corporate Relations at Allstate Insurance Company and Global Chair. “Mobile has created one of the most transformational times for marketers and our focus for the MMA must be to help brands question, evolve and innovate their marketing.”
“I’m honored to work with such an outstanding group of leaders on our Global Board of Directors,” said Greg Stuart, CEO of the MMA. “The composition of the entire board is a reflection of how the opportunities with mobile continue to create competitive advantage for the world’s largest and most forward-thinking brands. I look forward to working with each board member as we aggressively drive against the MMA initiatives including our think tanks around attribution and marketing organization design to create easy pathways for brands to adopt mobile and emerging technologies that are at the heart of their business growth.”
Continuing board members, whose terms were not up for re-election include:
- Cameron Clayton, GM Watson Content ad IOT Platform, IBM (The Weather Co.)
- Luis Di Como, SVP, Global Media, Unilever
- Carolyn Everson, VP, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
- Sanjay Gupta, EVP, Marketing Innov. & Corp. Relations, Allstate Insurance Co.
- Peter Hamilton, CEO, TUNE
- Will Kassoy, CEO, AdColony
- Tom Kenney, President & CEO, Verve
- Kellyn Kenny, VP, Marketing, Uber
- Ilonka Laviz, Digital Marketing Director, Global eBusiness, P&G
- Jeff Lucas, CRO, Snap, Inc.
- Tim Mahoney, CMO Global Chevrolet and Global GM Marketing Operations Leader, General Motors
- Marc Mathieu, CMO, Samsung Electronics America
- Dave Morgan, CEO, Simulmedia
- Jack Philbin, Co-Founder & CEO, Vibes
- Allan Thygesen, President of Americas, Google
- Karin Timpone, Global Marketing Officer, Marriott International
- John Trimble, Chief Revenue Officer, Pandora
- Chair Emeritus: John Costello, President, Global Mktg & Innovation, Dunkin’ Brands (former)
- MMA Treasurer: Stephen McCarthy, CFO, GroundTruth (xAd)
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA is the world’s leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800 member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem, including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others. The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars; to cultivate inspiration by driving innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for marketing organizations through fostering know-how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and to advocate for mobile marketers. Additionally, MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development.
Members include: 1-800-Flowers.com, AdColony, Allstate, American Express, AT&T, Bank Of America, Campbell’s, JPMorgan Chase, Chobani, Choice Hotels, Citi, Clear Channel Outdoor, Colgate-Palmolive, Dunkin’ Brands, eBay, E*TRADE, Electronic Arts, ESPN, Expedia, Facebook, Ford, Foursquare, Google, GroundTruth, Heineken, Hershey’s, Hilton Worldwide, iHeartMedia, Hulu, InMobi, Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg, Marriott, MasterCard, McDonald’s, Microsoft, MillerCoors, OpenMarket, Pandora, PepsiCo, Pfizer, Pinterest, PlaceIQ, Procter & Gamble, R/GA, RadiumOne, Razorfish, RetailMeNot, Salesforce, Samsung, SAP, Simulmedia, Snap Inc., Spotify, SUBWAY, Tapjoy, Target Inc., The Coca-Cola Company, The Rubicon Project, The Weather Company, Time Inc, T-Mobile, TUNE, Turner Broadcasting, Twitter, Uber, Ubimo, Unilever, USPS, Verve, VEVO, Vibes, Walmart, Wendy’s, Zurich and many more. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) and Latin America (LATAM). For more information about the MMA please visit http://www.mmaglobal.com.