Consumer Engagement takes Centre Stage at Regional Mobile Marketing Association Forum
Industry leaders to demonstrate how mobile innovation delivers value to the end consumer for brands and marketers
Singapore, March 11, 2011 – The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) today announced the third Annual MMA Forum Singapore 2011, focused on consumer-centric engagement. Themed “Consumers Are Mobile; Are You?”, the event will draw over 250 local and regional delegates to the Grand Hyatt in Singapore from May 3 to 5, 2011.
“The MMA is delighted to be building on the success of our last two events and we’re overwhelmed by the tremendous support received from all members of the industry. This year, the focus is on the consumer with brands and agencies coming together to address the need to put consumers first when it comes to delivering value through their campaigns,” said Rohit Dadwal, Managing Director, Mobile Marketing Association Asia Pacific Ltd.
The Forum will once again see a stellar line-up of international speakers and cover topics of regional and global relevance:
· Rahul Welde, Vice President - Media, Asia, Africa, Middle East, and Turkey, Unilever will give a keynote address on the new rules of engagement with digital and mobile consumers.
· Author, speaker and consultant, Tomi Ahonen will provide valuable insights into the world of mobile advertising and marketing through case studies and available mobile services.
· Naveen Tewari, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, InMobi will take the audience through a consumer perspective on mobile advertising and its impact on mCommerce.
· Aditya Save, Head Media at Marico India Limited will talk about mobile advertising as an important platform for balancing key advertisers needs.
· Thomas Labarthe, Vice President of Mobile Advertising, Alcatel-Lucent will deliver a keynote address on the future of permission marketing.
· Steve Root, Chief Operating Officer, Millennial Media will give insights on value addition to brands and consumers through targeted mobile advertising and marketing.
· Gavin Mehrotra, Director International Media, The Coca-Cola Company will talk about his company’s success with the mobile medium.
· Barney Loehnis, Head of Digital Asia Pacific at OgilvyOne will cover the ten steps to a successful mobile marketing campaign.
· Dilip Mistry, Head Mobile Advertising Asia Pacific, Microsoft will deliver another powerful address on how Microsoft is leveraging key consumer insights to help brands and their target audiences communicate more effectively.
· Sandy Monteiro, President, Universal Music Group International (South East Asia) will talk about how the world’s most recognized music brand is embracing mobile with a passion.
Mr Dadwal added, “As we continue our efforts to encourage innovation in the industry, we’ve added two new components to the MMA Forum this year, The Pitch and The Mobile Experience Lab. Both are geared to help showcase upcoming mobile innovations and existing successful campaigns by entrepreneurs and industry pioneers. We’re all looking for the next Mark Zuckerberg – the person might just be in the room!”
The Pitch is a 50-minute session where six companies will get a chance to show off their mobile innovation or product or service by way of a six-minute on-stage demonstration. The idea is to encourage original concepts coming from the young, bright minds in the industry by providing visibility to their ideas in front of a focused audience.
The Mobile Experience Lab, in turn, offers an interactive way for attendees to learn from mobile marketing innovators, observe successful mobile campaigns, and communicate with brands using mobile as a function of their integrated marketing strategy. Handpicked by a jury of industry peers, each mobile campaign station will offer a practical opportunity to experience the campaign from a consumer’s viewpoint.
The MMA Forum Asia 2011 is sponsored by leading companies such as Coca-Cola, Ericsson, GFK Asia, Google Mobile Ads | AdMob, InMobi, Microsoft Advertising, Millennial Media, NAVTEQ Media Solutions, Openwave, Optism, and Out There Media.
Event partners include the Asia Digital Marketing Association (ADMA), Direct Marketing Association of Singapore (DMAS) and Marketing Institute of Singapore (MIS). The Forum is supported by the Infocomm Development Authority (IDA), Singapore Exhibitions and Conventions Bureau (SECB) and the Singapore infocomm Technology Federation (SiTF). The mobile partner for the forum is TELiBrahma. It is being produced in partnership with Informa Telecoms & Media.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association representing all players in the mobile marketing value chain. With more than 700 member companies, the MMA is an action-oriented organization with global focus, regional actions and local relevance. The MMA’s primary focus is to establish mobile as an indispensable part of the marketing mix. The MMA works to promote, educate, measure, guide and protect the mobile marketing industry worldwide. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com.
# # #
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Rice Communications for MMA
Tel: +65 6221 8047