February 9, 2006
NEW MOTION, INC. & AVP PRO BEACH VOLLEYBALL TOUR ANNOUNCE MARKETING AND CONTENT SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT
Agreement Makes New Motion’s MobileSidwalkTM The Official Mobile Marketing Partner & Content Provider For Tour
LOS ANGELES – New Motion, Inc., the operator of MobileSidewalkTM, an innovative consumer Internet portal for cell phone content, and AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of AVP, Inc. (OTC: AVPI.OB), a lifestyle sports entertainment company focused on professional beach volleyball, are pleased to announced a new, multi-year, multi-faceted sponsorship agreement that makes MobileSidewalk the official sponsor of the AVP Tour.
The AVP Tour is AVP’s national touring series featuring more than 150 of the nation’s top male and female professional beach volleyball players. New Motion and its consumer portal, MobileSidewalk, is one of the fastest growing mobile entertainment and marketing companies in the US.
As part of the deal, MobileSidewalk will be the primary provider of an official mobile fan club for AVP and its Tour, with a sophisticated mix of mobile entertainment products, news, interactive features, on-site promotions and television tie-ins, including:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- Live TV Promotions and Fan Interaction – Using mobile phones, fans will be able to interact live with each AVP broadcast by voting on such topics as their favorite players, “You Make the Call” and favorite player highlights by. Results are posted on air.
- Live Fan Voting – In addition to on-air fan voting, fans will be able to vote on-site at each of the AVP tournament events during competitions.
- On-Site Marketing – Including booths, flyers, and interacting with fans during AVP tournaments.
- Ticket & Product Sales – Text alerts about tournament locations, air times, and where and how to buy tickets to AVP events.
- Video Highlights – Members of the mobile fan club will have access to exclusive video clips of game highlights, interviews and news coverage of the AVP Tour.
- Tour & Player Stats – A library of data on game, player and tour stats, updated live and accessible via both SMS and WAP.
- Games – Suite of games including a weekly mobile AVP Fantasy League, volleyball trivia games, and other mobile games to be announced.
- Text & Message Alerts – Updates on injury reports, breaking news, tournament information and more.
- Ring Tones / Voice Blasts / True Tones – Including voice messages from players, sounds of the game, birthday greetings, ring backs, and exclusive player content.
- Wallpapers – Featuring players, logos, and game shots.
Scott Walker, chief executive officer of New Motion, said, “AVP is a perfect match for MobileSidewalk’s consumer-friendly services. Our content is feature-rich, diverse, and customized for AVP fans, and MobileSidewalk’s platform is extremely user friendly. As AVP’s exclusive mobile marketing partner and content provider, we look forward to being part of the rapid growth of this exciting and competitive sport.”
About New Motion, Inc. & MobileSidewalk™
MobileSidewalk™ is a direct-to-consumer company, dedicated to realizing the full potential of cell phones as an entertainment, educational, promotional, marketing and branding medium. MobileSidewalk includes sports, entertainment, games, fan clubs and lifestyle content, thousands of ringtones and wallpapers, and exclusive promotions and licenses. A rich interactive experience is assured with MobileSidewalk’s state-of-the-art applications, including SMS, WAP, Java, BREW and video. Consumer groups are reached with interest-specific campaigns via the Internet, print ads, radio and other methodologies. Ordering and downloading content is easy and fast, and billing is handled through the cell phone carrier. Launched in June 2005, MobileSidewalk is owned and operated by Irvine, California-based New Motion, Inc., one of the fastest growing mobile entertainment and marketing companies in the United States. For more information, please visit www.mobilesidewalk.com or www.newmotioninc.com.
About the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour, Inc.
AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour, Inc. is a leading lifestyle sports entertainment company focused on the production, marketing and distribution of professional beach volleyball events worldwide. AVP operates the industry's most prominent national touring series, the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour, which was organized in 1983. Featuring more than 150 of the top American men and women competitors in the sport, AVP staged 14 events throughout the United States in 2005. In 2004, AVP athletes successfully represented the United States during the Olympics in Athens, Greece, winning gold and bronze medals, the first medals won by U.S. women in professional beach volleyball. For more information, please visit www.avp.com.