MMA Announces New EMEA Board of Directors & Chairperson
June 14, 2012
New team bring together representatives from across the mobile marketing ecosystem
London, UK, 14 June, 2012 – The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, announced today the election of its new members to the EMEA Board of Directors. The board members, elected by the MMA’s membership, will serve a two-year term beginning this June.
New members of the board for this next term are:
- Berna Akyuz, Mobile Marketing & Loyalty Management Division Head, Turkcell
- Jay Altschuler, Director, Global Media Innovation, Unilever
- Mark Brennan, Head of Mobile, Carat
- Shaun Gregory, Global Director of Advertising, Telefonica
- Krister Karjalainen, Head of Digital Brand Operations, Proctor & Gamble
- Jonathan Kelly, Group Head of Mobile Marketing, Vodafone
- Arda Kertmelioglu, Vice Chair, MMA Middle East and CMO, Mobilera
- Steffen Krabbenhoft, Head of Mobile EMEA, Mediacom
- Adhish Kulkarni, SVP, Products & Marketing, Lumata
- Jay Patel, Managing Director, IMI Mobile
- Dan Rosen, CEO, Europe, Joule
- Nick Wiggin, Head of Advertising, Huawei
In addition to the new board, the MMA EMEA is also pleased to announce that Kerstin Trikalitis, CEO of Out There Media, has been appointed to the role of chairperson of the board.
“I’m very excited about this new role and in particular, having the opportunity to have an increased role in driving mobile forward. The new board is full of fantastic companies and extremely experienced individuals from across the mobile ecosystem and the EMEA region. Having such companies and individuals involved, is testament to the pivotal role of the MMA as a powerful force in leading the global mobile marketing industry forward through the creation of critical industry standards, thought leadership and education.” said Kerstin Trikalitis, CEO of Out There Media and MMA EMEA chairperson.
The newly elected board members will join a number of existing board members, whose terms were not up for re-election.
- Benoit Corbin, President, MMA France
- Firat Ertem, Chair, MMA Turkiye, Rabarba
- Melis Ertem, Chair Emeritus, Turkcell
- Simon Holland, Director - Advertising Solutions EMEA, Alcatel Lucent
- Rob Jonas, VP & MD, EME, InMobi
- Mandeep Mason, Director of Mobile Advertising Sales EMEA, Microsoft
- Alex Meisl, Chair, MMA UK, Sponge
- Cristina Recuero, President, MMA Spain, Vivaki
- Gavin Stirrat, Managing Director, EMEA, Millennial Media
- Mark Waechter, Chair, MMA Germany, MWC.mobi
- Attila Weitz, Digital Marketing Manager, CSE, Coca-Cola
“The EMEA region is one of the most diverse in the world with the individual markets often needing a unique approach. Having members from across the market on our board will bolster the MMA’s efforts to support both established and emerging markets. Our focus will continue to be supporting the uptake of mobile marketing by brands and agencies through events, education and research and through clearing any barriers to them investing in mobile.” said Paul Berney, CMO and MD for MMA EMEA.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing nearly 50 countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe (EUR), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com. For information relating to the MMA’s Mobile Marketing Forum series, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.
# # #
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Mitchell Hunt / Rebecca Carnie
Phone: +44 (0) 207 751 4444
Email: [email protected]