The MMA, the official mobile sponsor of the 60th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, architects a program that highlights the power and potential of mobile marketing
New York, NY, 12 June 2013 – The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), as well as sponsors including Velti, the leading global provider of mobile marketing and advertising technology, together announce today that the Mobile Circus is coming to town. To celebrate mobile excellence and education, the Mobile Circus will return to the 60th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity – the premier international advertising event - the week of June 16th-22nd.
The MMA Mobile Circus was unveiled at the 2012 Cannes Lions to enhance the festival’s growing interest in mobile marketing and to coincide with the introduction of mobile as an official award category. Now in its second year, the MMA will once again architect “The Mobile Circus Comes to Town” to honor the evolution of the mobile marketing space and share best-in-class examples of mobile creativity and bravery.
“Every moment is mobile. There is no other platform that is as personal, as pervasive, and provides the opportunity for proximity to connect with consumers in the right place and time,” said Greg Stuart, CEO, MMA. “Cannes organizers have realized the value that mobile offers to revolutionize the industry and made a pledge to foster mobile marketing’s growth by carving out a dynamic curriculum for attendees to learn, connect and invest more in mobile. We are thrilled to once again bring the Mobile Circus to Cannes and grow this exceptional partnership.”
Philip Thomas, CEO of Cannes Lions, commented, "It is great to welcome back the MMA as a partner at this year's Festival. They are at the forefront of what is possible on mobile, and their support of our marketing academies is heightening the creative thinking on the client side to new levels."
“Mobile has irrevocably transformed society and continues to illustrate a new landscape for marketers to connect with consumers. Mobile marketing makes the promise of reaching the right person, in the right place at the right time, a real possibility for the first time," said Alex Moukas, CEO, Velti. “In order to support the industry’s growth, we must create a forum for marketers to discover how mobile can evolve their marketing objectives and outreach. Cannes is the perfect stage to ignite that dialogue and capture an influential international audience.”
“The Mobile Circus Comes to Town” will feature compelling events across the Cannes Lions Festival’s official agenda. The Mobile Circus will feature:
- The Mobile Smart Big Top: The MMA will be erecting the Mobile Smart Big Top, a circus tent that serves as hub for all festival attendees. Marketers and agencies from around the world can connect and engage with MMA staff, as well as members from the entire marketing ecosystem. In addition, the Mobile Smart Big Top provides an oasis where delegates can recharge themselves and their mobile devices. Circus performers will be featured throughout the day, adding to the festival fun. The Mobile Smart Big Top will be opened daily from June 16-21. Come toast the Mobile Lions shortlist on Tuesday, June 18th before the awards show commences.
- Cannes Lions Mobile Day Forum: Creativity in Mobile Advertising: On Tuesday, June 18, the MMA will host a daylong session dedicated to showcasing mobile creativity and sharing insights about the transformation of mobile as a marketing vehicle. Companies representative of the entire marketing landscape offer compelling sessions and dynamic discussion with Greg Stuart, MMA, CEO as the moderator of the Forum. Additionally, the MMA is building a panel with Sheryl Daija, Chief Strategy Officer, MMA, Frank Voris, CEO, VivaKi, Brent Poer, President, LiquidThread and Brian Cooley, Editor-at-Large, CNET to moderate. The session is entitled “Every Moment is Mobile” and will be held during the Mobile Day Forum (Audi A) from 11:00am-noon.
- Young Marketers Academy: As the exclusive sponsor of Cannes’ renowned Young Marketers Academy, the MMA, together with Jim Stengel, former CMO of P&G, will be curating the curriculum for 70 of the top up-and-coming brand marketers. The MMA is committed to educating and inspiring the leaders tomorrow about the power of mobile to transform their companies and careers.
- CMO Accelerator: The MMA is teaming up once again with Jim Stengel to develop a dynamic program for a select group of CMOs, which will focus on the key issues they face in an ever-changing communication landscape. The course is a chance to educate the most influential business leaders on the importance of mobile and emerging digital platforms to connect more meaningfully with consumers.
- The Petit Mobile Train: The Cannes Petit Train will be transformed into MMA's Mobile Train for the Festival. As the official mode of transportation, the train will take delegates to the key stops throughout the festival including Mobile Day, the Mobile Lions Awards, the parties, the Old Town, and will be stationed right next to the Mobile Smart Big Top.
The MMA Mobile Circus program is sponsored by founding partner, Velti, as well as leading mobile and marketing companies Urban Airship, Flurry, Videology, Kargo and AdChina, Ltd.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing nearly fifty countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe (EUR), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com. For information relating to the MMA’s Mobile Marketing Forum series, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.
About the 60th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
60th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, 16-22 June 2013, Cannes, France:
The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world's leading celebration of creativity in communications. Founded in 1954, the Festival takes place every June in Cannes, France.
As the most prestigious international annual advertising and communications awards, over 36,000 entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival. Winning companies receive the highly coveted Lion trophy, a global benchmark of creative excellence, for Film, Print, Outdoor, Interactive, Radio, Design, Promo & Activation, Film Craft, Mobile, Branded Entertainment and Integrated advertising, as well as the best Media, Direct, PR, Titanium, Creative Effectiveness and Innovation ideas. The Festival is also the only truly global meeting place for advertisers, advertising and communication professionals. Close to 12,000 delegates from 95 countries attend a weeklong programme of exhibitions, screenings and talks by worldwide thought leaders. As the networking and learning opportunity of the year, Cannes Lions is the must-attend event for anyone involved in brand communications.
Delegate registration: open
60th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity: 16-22 June 2013
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Director of Communications, MMA
M: +1 917-558-1828
Head of Press & PR, Lions Festival