Bytemobile Releases Next Generation of Unison Mobile Internet Platform, Offering Multiple Advantages for Network Operators and C
April 28, 2009
Submitted by Bytemobile, Inc.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 28, 2009 – Bytemobile, Inc., the global leader in mobile internet solutions for wireless network operators, today announced the general availability of its new Unison™ Mobile Internet Platform. The latest Unison release - which includes Bytemobile’s new Media Optimization, Widget Bar and MobileMatch™ applications – provides operators with a comprehensive and flexible solution for sustaining profitable growth and driving continued mobile data adoption.
“Bytemobile has won over 100 global wireless carriers and is benefiting from the secular trend of an explosion of content growth on wireless networks,” said Kenneth Muth, senior research analyst for Network Technology at Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated. “Obviously, as carriers deploy 4G networks with bigger pipes, more applications will emerge and traffic patterns for carriers will only get worse.”
One Platform, Multiple Solutions
“Bytemobile’s rich product portfolio addresses the specific challenges and opportunities facing operators today, ranging from explosive data traffic growth and diversification to service differentiation and personalized mobile web browsing,” said Adrian Hall, Bytemobile chief marketing officer. “While the Unison architecture obviates the traditional need to deploy point products from multiple vendors, its flexible, open nature enables operators to intelligently integrate services developed by Bytemobile and other providers.”
Deployed in the core data path of the network, the Unison platform processes all data traffic for Bytemobile applications. These fully interoperable applications are consolidated in a single node for ease of new service deployment, increased operating efficiency and scalability of capacity. Following is a summary of the Bytemobile product portfolio on the Unison platform.
Optimization and Services Node (OSN)
• The OSN Web Optimization application reduces network data volumes to increase capacity for growth in internet traffic and users, enabling operators to manage their operating and capital costs and enhance the user experience with significant download speedup.
• The WebGate™ Service, an optional application of the OSN, provides a single service control point within the network for all data traffic, which enables operators to deliver innovative new services such as parental controls, fair-use policies and captive portal applications to their customers while controlling data flow through intelligent service selection.
• The MobileMatch Service, an optional application of the OSN, supports the selection and delivery of the most relevant value-added services for individual consumers, using real-time analysis of both contextual and behavioral data.
Web Fidelity™ Suite
• The Web Fidelity Suite Content Adaptation application dynamically and transparently transcodes web, Flash and multimedia content for interactive use on all mobile devices, while retaining the functionality and integrity of the original PC experience.
• The Widget Bar application provides operators with a direct communication channel to the mobile user, empowering them to deliver portal content to all off-portal pages and to influence and simplify the browsing experience by suggesting useful and relevant content, applications and widgets.
• The Ad Insertion application enables operators to serve highly relevant advertisements to consumers, thereby opening substantial new revenue streams while enhancing the customization and personalization of the user’s mobile browsing experience.
Media Fidelity™ Suite
• The Media Fidelity Suite Media Optimization application enables operators to manage the impact of escalating video traffic on their network operations and dramatically increase quality of service to users through data reduction and control of effective bandwidth utilization.
To learn more about Bytemobile’s customers and how they are using its products, please visit: http://www.bytemobile.com/company/customers.html.
About Bytemobile, Inc.
Bytemobile is a tier-one provider of integrated mobile internet solutions which enable wireless network operators to deliver value-added data services to consumers on all mobile devices. Bytemobile solutions are installed in the networks of 107 operators in 54 countries and 12 of the world’s top 15 tier-one operators. Customers include AT&T, China Mobile, China Unicom, KDDI, KPN, Orange, Orascom, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile, Telecom Italia Mobile, Telefónica, TeliaSonera, Vodafone, and WILLCOM. Bytemobile is a privately held company with regional sales and support offices in Wokingham, U.K.; Dubai, U.A.E.; Mumbai, India; Tokyo, Japan; Beijing, China; Seoul, Korea; Singapore; and Sydney, Australia; and research and development centers in Mountain View, California; Patras, Greece; Champaign, Illinois; and Belfast, Northern Ireland. The company is committed to helping its customers and partners deploy green mobile internet solutions in a sustainable network environment. To learn more about Bytemobile, visit www.bytemobile.com.
Bytemobile, the Bytemobile logo, Unison, MobileMatch, Web Gate, Web Fidelity, and Media Fidelity are trademarks of Bytemobile, Inc. and may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
Public Relations Manager
+1 650 641 7655