MMA announces new appointments to Asia Pacific Board of Directors
October 5, 2017
Industry leaders join forces to drive the agenda for mobile marketing and empower businesses to harness the power of mobile
Singapore, October 5, 2017 – The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile marketing industry, today announced the appointment of six new Board Members, to its Asia Pacific Board of Directors. Elected by the MMA’s APAC membership, the newly-appointed board members will serve a two-year term, beginning immediately.
The new Board Members include:
- Vipul Chawla, Managing Director, Pizza Hut - Asia Pacific, Yum! Brands
- Pham Nha Uyen, Regional Marketing Manager, Coca-Cola Indochina
- Richard Murphy, Corporate Vice President, Digital; Growth & Foundational Markets, McDonald's Corporation
- D Shivakumar, Chairman & CEO, PepsiCo India Holdings Pvt. Ltd.
- Vikas Gulati, Managing Director, APAC, AdColony
- David Porter, Vice President, Media, AAR, Unilever Asia Pte Ltd
“The appointment of some of the most influential marketing leaders to its APAC Board reflects MMA’s commitment to leading the mobile industry, and driving our charter in such a fast growing and diverse region,” said Ashutosh Srivastava, Chairman of the MMA APAC Board of Directors, and Chairman & CEO for AMEA, Russia/CIS, Mindshare. “Asia is the fastest growing market for mobile. I look forward to join forces with these industry leaders to accelerate growth of the mobile marketing industry and help marketers, publishers and technology providers across the region unlock the full potential of mobile to drive business growth.”
Continuing board members, whose terms were not up for re-election include:
- Jayesh Easwaramony, VP & GM, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, InMobi
- Dong Hyun Kim, Asia Digital/eCommerce Leader, Procter & Gamble
- Bessie Lee, CEO & Founder, Withinlink
- Vishnu Mohan, Chief Executive Officer, Havas Media Group Asia Pacific
- Dick Van Motman, Chairman & CEO, Dentsu Aegis Network South East Asia
- Dan Neary, Vice President of Asia Pacific, Facebook
- Sean Rach, Chief Marketing Officer, Prudential Corporation Asia
- Praveen Sharma, Regional Director, Mobile Sales and Solutions, Google APAC
- Joe Nguyen, Senior Vice President, Asia Pacific, comScore, Inc.
- Rahul Welde, Vice President - Media, Unilever
“The role mobile plays in marketing strategy is now indisputable, and the outstanding composition of our Board is testament to the power mobile has in building business capabilities for brands across the region,” said Rohit Dadwal, Managing Director for MMA in APAC. “I believe the new Board will propel the mobile marketing industry to greater heights, and I look forward to working with them to drive MMA’s agenda and develop best practices for the industry, be it viewability standards or multi-touch attribution, so that marketers can execute their business strategies more effectively.”
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA is the world’s leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800 member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others. The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars; to cultivate inspiration by driving the innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for the marketing organizations through fostering know how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and advocacy. Additionally MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development.
Mobile Marketing is broadly defined as including advertising, apps, messaging, mCommerce and CRM on all mobile devices including smart phones and tablets. Members include, American Express, AdChina, Colgate - Palmolive, Dunkin’ Brands, Facebook, Google, Group M, Hewlett Packard, Hilton Worldwide, Kellogg Co., L’Oréal, MasterCard, McDonalds, Microsoft, Mondelez International, Inc., Pandora Media, Procter & Gamble, R/GA, The Coca-Cola Company, The Weather Company, Unilever, Visa, Vodafone, Walmart, xAd, Zenith Optimedia and many more.
The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations in Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC). For more information about the MMA, please visit http://www.mmaglobal.com/.
For more information, please contact:
Agung S. Ongko / Sherlyn Goh, Rice Communications for the MMA in APAC
T: +65 3157 5679 / +65 3157 5662