About the Role:
If you made it this far, you’ve done your diligence on RetailMeNot. You know we’re pretty clever when it comes to coupons – maybe the best out there. And you know we do all this from a not-very-secret lair in the heart of Austin, Texas, the home of barbecue, beer, and big consumer tech ambitions (we brought that last part to town). But coupons are just the start, and we’re not going to stop until we’ve changed how you shop, how your mom shops, and maybe even your Grandma. And we’re doing it across devices, across continents, and across every retail category you can cook up.
Shopping makes people happy. We make shopping better.
What’s this Job All About?
This gig is all about setting up products for tremendous success at the world’s most exciting commerce company. Our heritage and core strength is in helping shoppers save money via our website and mobile apps – so you need to be savvy when it comes to articulating the value of consumer tech to a massive audience. But some of our most compelling growth opportunities are in technology products that help marketers at the large retailers we work with – top tier names like Macy’s, Home Depot, and Victoria’s Secret – do their job more effectively. Accordingly, this role demands mastery of B2B product marketing even more so than B2C, and a proven track record of successfully launching new technologies that help marketers. You understand the needs of senior marketing executives in the retail space - what they care about and how those motivations translate to compelling product positioning. You use that understanding to tell stories that bring the product to life, leveraging great content.
This is a highly collaborative role and you will need to work effectively with key stakeholders across the organization. You’ll be working with the RetailMeNot product, design, marketing, sales, and partner management teams on a daily basis, collaborating and using your excellent communication skills to ensure target audiences embrace our products.
What Will You Be Working on Every Day?
- Develop and continuously improve compelling and differentiated product positioning for RMN’s B2B product offerings and features
- Be the voice of the customer! Partner with sales reps on calls and visits and utilize research to ensure the voice of the customer is reflected in product and design decisions.
- Collaborate with B2B marketing team to ensure that product messaging ladders up to overarching corporate brand value position and positioning
- Effectively communicate the "Why", "What" and "For Whom" requirements for B2B product offerings to retailers, brands and the industry at large
- Develop business cases, recommendations and strategic prioritization for new offerings and features with consideration of competitive pressures, pricing, partner readiness, partnerships, and various other facets of a superior strategic plan
- Collaborate with the product, partner management and sales teams to identify key differentiators, provide feedback on product direction and influence the product roadmap based on changing market dynamics and new opportunities
- Create go-to-market plans for new features and products including strategy, content, collateral (e.g. product presentation slides, leave behinds, web content, product FAQs), event and conference sponsorships, training and campaign messaging
- Bring the audience to the message – collaborate with the B2B Marketing and Communications team to develop and execute integrated marketing plans to drive awareness and rapid adoption of new products and features
- Work with sales, product management and FP&A on pricing and packaging strategies
- Develop sales training materials and conduct training for the sales and B2B communications teams to ensure consistent and effective communication of our product benefits and proof points
- Track, analyze and report to key stakeholders on competitive products and industry trends
- Measure! (what matters) – adept at selecting KPIs to define the success of a particular product marketing campaign, analyzing the outcome, and taking accountability for the results
- Keep a sharp eye on competitive products and recommend feature enhancements to maintain RetailMeNot’s leadership status.
- Collaborate with the research and analytics team to monitor consumer shopping trends, needs, attitudes and behaviors.
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; MBA a plus
- 7+ years of product marketing experience
- Must love technology products – both B2C and B2B
- You really “get” mobile – the technology, how it changes user behaviors, how it forces marketers to rethink their strategies
- Also an exceptional story teller with an appreciation for how great content can bring a product to life. Well versed in all facets of content marketing.
- Intuitive understanding of how content can and should transform across different mediums – eg a B2B vs. an industry speaking engagement vs. in-person sales collateral.
- Energized by signing up for aggressive shared product utilization and revenue targets along with your colleagues in product and sales
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to quickly and concisely articulate the value proposition of our products and grab the attention of a very senior audience
- Successful track record launching new marketing technologies or enterprise software products
- Experience leveraging research and user testing to develop product positioning and messaging strategies for new and existing products
- Excellent grasp of the various online and offline marketing channels available to product marketers today
- Proven experience successfully leveraging owned and earned media to promote new products
- Adept at building consensus and gaining cross-functional alignment with peers and senior leaders
- Demonstrated success driving rapid adoption and strong user engagement with new products
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
RetailMeNot, Inc. operates the world's largest digital coupon marketplace. The company enables consumers across the globe seeking to save money to find hundreds of thousands of digital coupons from retailers. RetailMeNot, Inc. experienced more than 500 million visits to its websites in the last 12 months. The RetailMeNot, Inc. portfolio includeswww.RetailMeNot.com, the largest digital coupon marketplace in the United States;www.RetailMeNot.ca in Canada; www.VoucherCodes.co.uk, the largest digital coupon marketplace in the United Kingdom; www.Deals.com in Germany; www.Actiepagina.nl, a leading digital coupon site in the Netherlands; Bons-de-Reduction.com and www.Ma-Reduc.com, leading digital coupon sites in France; www.Poulpeo.com, a leading digital coupon site with cash back in France; and www.Deals2Buy.com, a leading discount offer site in North America.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Equity grants
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.