Nielsen’s Real Time Ad Effectiveness Platform (formerly Vizu Ad Catalyst) is the first digital ad effectiveness solution to deliver a real-time enterprise technology platform for the measurement and optimization of digital brand advertising. We are looking for a seasoned product leader with proven digital experience to join our Product Management team in either our San Francisco or New York office. This is an opportunity to work with a small nimble team within Nielsen that focuses on the Mobile Brand Effect and Online Brand Effect products.
Specifically, this position will own product management for the Mobile Brand Effect product and expanding the product capabilities of this new solution along with the expansion of this product internationally. This involves having a deep understanding of mobile advertising and measurement, understanding client usage and changes in the marketplace to affect improvements in the current product capabilities. In addition, the Sr. Director of Product will be responsible for the global product expansion of the Real Time Ad Effectiveness platform suite of products. This role will also be responsible for managing and launching the integration of Online Brand Effect with other Nielsen digital assets. Proven experience working directly with digital advertising technology and analytics is a must. The winning candidate will possess that unique blend of business and technical savvy that allows themto understand and assess client requirements, and define solutions that address client needs at scale.
You should have a strong understanding of the market landscape and be technically adept at current digital advertising technologies. Background in online brand measurement is a big plus. Ideally this individual will have experience with product management in integrating data assets and third party systems together as this role will involve strategic integration between Online Brand Effect and other Nielsen product offerings.
- Product expert and product owner of Mobile Brand Effect
- Bring to market new product capabilities from existing ideas; contribute to new and innovative advancements to digital measurement
- Responsible for product management of international market expansion, gathering global market data to assess viability of new market launches, working with product marketing, operations, legal, and international product leads to ensure smooth launch plans
- Manage a running list of product requests and regularly communicate recommendations and priorities to the Product Management team/Executive team for group prioritization
- Subject matter expert on specific components of the product and clearly communicate product capabilities and benefits to clients and internal teams to help bridge technology gaps
- Work directly with customers on implementing survey integrations and certifications, and field product questions that increase customer usage of our products
- Manage post product launch activities (training, developing processes) and gather customer feedback to validate that the product works against stated metrics.
- Conduct market validation and client needs assessments; communicate product feedback and new requirements from the field
- Work closely with Product Marketing during market validation and product positioning exercises, collaborating on the final product marketing output.
- Follow Nielsen’s product development process (NPI), working with our Engineering teams to ensure close alignment on product requirements and ensure features are delivered as specified and on time
- Collaborate with marketing, operations and other cross-functional teams to develop and execute best practices to commercialize new products and grow the business.
- Direct and proven experiences with digital advertising technology solutions is a must
- Experience with Nielsen’s reach and resonance solutions and their delivery mechanisms (tagging, methodology, etc) is a huge plus
- BA/BS degree, MBA a plus.
- 7+ years experience working with major B2B technology companies, preferably in online media.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrable ability to comprehend and support complex business operations, and drive efficiencies through process improvements and automation
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills. A solid grounding in statistics is also highly valuable.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Extremely organized and highly motivated.
- Understanding of the overall media and measurement/analytics landscape, online advertising and marketing trends.