Do you want to be on the frontlines of a global association charged with shaping the future of the mobile marketing industry?
Are you an expert wordsmith that is passionate about technology and marketing?
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Communications based out of its global headquarters in New York, NY.
The Director of Communications is charged with raising the association’s profile in the media and strengthening its position as the leading global trade association for mobile marketing. Additionally, this role will support the MMA’s leadership in its continuing efforts to expand its presence across the globe, including Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and North America. In short, the Director of Communications must develop, direct and implement an integrated communications strategy that expertly blends traditional and emerging media practices.
In a time of unprecedented opportunity, the position requires a self-motivated communications executive with a commitment to the organization’s mission and ability to develop programs that spark growth for the MMA and industry at large. The Director of Communications will manage media relations, member announcements, editorial placements and speaking opportunities on behalf of MMA executives. He or she will also develop press releases, marketing materials, scripts, presentations, web content and contribute to the organization’s social media efforts. Additionally, provide support to the Events Team.
- Work with the CEO, CSO and senior leadership to develop a comprehensive communications strategy for the MMA, featuring member and press outreach across print, broadcast, digital and social media.
- Create communications standards, templates and best practices that streamline the MMA’s presence globally and contribute to industry progress.
- Cultivate and facilitate ongoing relationships with key reporters, writers, editors, bloggers and producers. Serve as primary point of contact for all media inquiries in North America and provide counseling to the PR agencies stationed in the different regions.
- Provide communications counsel to senior management to enhance the organization’s success including driving growth of membership, events committee and research initiatives, etc.
- Identify key conferences, speaking and sponsorship opportunities for MMA leadership, the board and members.
- Write, edit and approve press releases, web content, newsletters, bylines, social media content and other publicity and promotional materials produced by staff, agencies and contractors.
- Foster a compelling and unique voice for the MMA to be featured in all manner of member and industry communications--traditional, digital and social media. Work alongside the team to cultivate messaging and branding principles that encompass the value of the MMA.
Bachelors or more advanced degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field with at least 10 years of professional public relations experience.
- Prior industry experience from a PR agency or corporate/in-house environment in one of the following areas – mobile, digital media, advertising, technology or trade associations. International/global PR experience helpful.
- A strategic thinker who excels at messaging to multiple audiences on multiple platforms and can execute campaigns to promote group’s presence.
- Depth of contacts within trade/B2B, business/financial and technology media, or the ability to foster those relationships.
- Ability to proactively identify communications opportunities and develop supporting programs-strategies.
- Exceptional communications skills, oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines despite limited notice.
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and foster collaborative relationships with industry and government partners.
- Experience crafting campaigns focused on positioning and branding principles to be featured on traditional, digital and social platforms.
- Sense of humor and team player is a must.
About this Company:
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global trade group that strives to stimulate the growth of the mobile marketing industry and support the integration of mobile within the marketing mix. The MMA is a not-for-profit company with a strong and evolving presence in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and North America
The MMA has positioned itself as the collective voice representing the interest of companies engaged across the entire global mobile ecosystem. Through active participation, the MMA offers members the opportunity to join a global forum to discuss and define industry initiatives that safeguard the growth of the mobile industry and ensure the continued evolution of mobile as a marketing vehicle. Foremost among these issues is the creation of a global growth strategy, creative benchmarks, standards and best practices to support the development of a professional and sustainable industry.
The organization is experiencing substantial growth and now has close to 800 members in 49 countries. As a “big tent” organization, MMA members include agencies, marketers, media sellers, hand held device manufacturers, carriers and operators, retailers, software providers and service providers, as well as any company focused on the potential of media and marketing via mobile devices.
The MMA’s core objective is to unleash the transformational power of mobile to shape the future of the industry. For more information, visit MMA’s website at http://www.mmaglobal.com